View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
Frankly, I don't agree with any of this. At all.

Ok, so why was there no post of any kind made about this in the staff forum for the entire staff to decide upon? It's pretty much just what the higher-ups decided, as I only see them posting in this thread how this is a great idea.

Maybe people don't know this, but a ZERO-TOLERANCE policy is just that. ZERO tolerance. It doesn't mean you can just ban people then go back and say "Oh wait, let's unban these griefing hackers, OH WAIT! Let's give them a staff position to find our exploits! The community will never know."

These are not the kind of people to be given staff privileges to. Sosko, one of the leaders of STORM, crashed the SWGEmu ventrilo several times, harassed members via Ventrilo exploits, then he comes on the IRC and ban evades MANY times, spewing his slander, lies, and rage.

But wait, you guys see fit to not only UNBAN them (which goes against the policy we enstated as a TEAM in the first place), but give them staff positions, since OUR QA TEAM WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH IN FINDING EXPLOITS.

So let me get this straight again.

"I'm Ashur, a retard that loves to flame on the forums, cause a TON of grief in game too and I love hacking! I was banned because of this, but I kissed enough ass to not only get unbanned, but get a staff position too!"

That's EXACTLY how it seems.

There's so much wrong with this.

A. You don't just make such an important decision to those who have higher leverage in the staff.
B. You don't go back on a global policy that we all decided.
C. STORM guild is retarded, full of griefing hackers, EVERYONE KNOWS IT, and you unban them and give them staff positions.

This has to be the biggest troll of all time.

This post tells it all. Even their own team doesn't know what's going on. This reeks of "Oh ****! my friends got caught cheating and now I have to find a way to go back on my word and get him/them back into the game without pissing everyone off". Reason being, i'm guessing they didn't write the hack, they probably just downloaded one. How it that "finding" an exploit.

It is the Good ol' boy network and it's working to perfection. Like I have said before, this game will be open source code which mean people are going to write hacks for it by the hundreds. So worrying about ONE speedhack and a few "exploits" this new "team" might find now and saying "we're doing this to better the live server" really is kind of pointless to some extent. Hell, SOE had people hacking it and they have millions of dollars are their disposal to help prevent it.

Now let me just touch on the other side that never gets talked about. I keep hearing all these people talking about "they're doing this for us".....huh? They are doing this for them, not us. If they didn't love the game they wouldn't be doing it. We, JUST LIKE THEM, are getting the benefits from it. The reason I say "we" is because you can't have one without the other. They need the community just as much as the community needs them. What good is having a game if nobodies around to 1: help pay for it, and 2: play it.

It's a 2-way street here, let's not forget that.

Now with that being said, it doesn't mean i'm not grateful for letting us be a part of what they have done and achieved.

Last edited by SirJMon; 10-20-2009 at 03:22 PM.