View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 11:44 PM

I'm not quite sure if this would be the "feedback" thread for this update, so if it is not, then feel free to move it.

First off, I'd like to thank all the staff for the new armor, and for fixing the resource spawns, and the survey tools, everything is working great. (I apologize for not applauding the various other things you have tweaked, I have yet to have time to test them)

There are a few things I have noticed that have gone arye since the update, however.

Yes, the new armor will undoubtedly feel more like Pre-CU, and fights will last longer, unless you have a stun weapon, and then it just doesn't matter. With the implementation of the new armor, people are simply running over to the gungans, and picking up Pistoleer, Rifleman, or Fencer to settle their disputes. (and for the most part, that is ALL they are using)

I was able to hit people in PvP with a PH (occasionally), but TKM is still the end-all in pvp for melee until the bugs are fixed, and the appropriate defenses work as they are suppose to...which brings me to my next point.

Myself, and a friend went out to go try out some NS, since afterall, the update gave us 90% armor, so Elders should be possible now...right? Wrong.

I am not sure if new loot tables (other than white weapons with worse-than-gungan stats, decorations, and credits) are something that will come with the Restructure, or if NS just have a horrible ratio of decent drops, but I noticed that all they drop are the above.

Anyway, as I was saying, myself, and a friend went out to go fight NS, and we found an elder. I was a near-defense-capped swordsman stacker, with Mbrawler, and he was a swordsman/MD. It literally took us over an hour to almost kill the elder, but our buffs ran out, and we ended up dying.

The points I would like to bring up are that, for some reason, I began to do less damage as the fight persisted. (No, my weapon wasn't low dura, and no I was not stunned or intim, I just started doing 100-200 less dmg as she began to near her death) Also, as the exact same spec, I was hitting less often now, with a PH, than I was before the update, again, I accounted for the times I was stunned, and intim, and I overlooked those occasions. Overall, it is still ridiculously hard to kill a NS elder, and that is not how it was Pre-CU. Yes, I know I was using a 407dmg PH, but that is more than enough to get an elder down in less than an HOUR.

I am assuming states, and their defenses are being worked on, but as a side note, I would like to mention that our defense vs posture change does nothing against NS (and various other npcs), I was kd'd 3 times in a row, and I was posture changed down over 5 times in less than 10 seconds. I vividly remember being able to KD/dizzy ANY humanoid in the game (with the acceptation of Corvette, DWB, and 'boss' npcs.) And NS, and other npcs just aren't effected by those states.

I am sure all of the above are being worked on/fixed in a timely fashion, I am just sharing some info about my experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
All forms of hacking, exploiting, and anything designed to break, bend or in anyway alter or skew SWGEmu gameplay experience in favor of one player or against another player is encouraged within strict guidelines.