View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 02:25 PM

More teams are ok. It just depends on the communication and information sharing between those teams.

If you look at other communities such as the UO Emulator scene, there are tons of different projects, but the difference is that they are not too hostile towards one another.

Friendly competition is ok, but currently all but this team and 2 others (which are dead) where created out of hate for another team, which is a ridiculous reason to start a new team.

If your going to start a new team, it needs to be a for a reason that is for a benefit to players and server administrators.

Its perfectly fine with me to see friendly competition, but only if they are willing to share their information and finding to help get something out that everyone can play (and has been waiting for a long, long, long time for.)

Just my $0.02.

Unification is important, but it doesn't have to be a complete merger.

As well, I wouldnt expect that after this project is done, that more will not come out. Its kinda like Operating Systems, in that one will provide features another dosnt (Administrative), that will appeal to certain types of Administrators, such as a different scripting language, type of modification assets, or different language (such as Java, C#, ect...).

Anyway, my focus right now is to get this project done and out (if i can ever find the time to work ), because too many people have been waiting so, so, long.

Once again, just my $0.02, Im fine with other teams, as long as:
1) They are not created out of hate for another
2) They share their information (and even source!)
3) They drop all these damn politics.

But for now, I think its important that we all work on this one, to at least get one polished product pushed out.

/semi-rant off

Last edited by Lordcorm; 11-21-2008 at 02:36 PM.