Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 03:38 PM

There are tons of things you can do to make SWGEmu better, without having to be on the staff. Just help others out and SHARE ideas. Don't wait for updates and post "good job" every month or so. You wont be banned if you follow the rules and be respectful.

With all due respect, you guys know what you are doing and know what you need to do. Me posting ideas is silly until I have a pre-CU server to play on and can see room for improvement. How can I suggest anything if I don't see anything that needs fixing? I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything, but that's probably why people aren't posting much. It's all pie in the sky until we can log into something and play the game. Telling you how to improve your recipe for pie in the sky is kind of pointless since it can't be tasted.

Right now my advice would be "Let me log in and try it out". Oh, combat's not working yet.

Advice: Get combat working!

SWGEmu isn't going to succeed without a willing community. This community is doing a piss poor job of working to build a better community for the future precu.

With all due respect, this community gets battered by your mods everytime they suggest something. Maybe you guys are doing a piss poor job of encouraging our input. Believe me, we are willing. Everything most people see when they read these forums is "We don't have time for your stupid ideas, we are busy building a game server. If you ask questions you will be flogged. If you make suggestions, you will be flogged. If you ask about x, y, and z features you will be flogged."

This soup-nazi attitude is cool, fun even. I'm good with it.

Because of it, most of us just post "You guys are cool" and keep checking the boards once in a while, to stay out of "trouble".

Hey, if you don't want my input, and tell me you don't, I'm keeping quiet. When I see other peopel getting banned and flamed for asking questions, I'm keeping quiet.

I have no problem doing this, but don't act surprised like you don't know something and say "what? you don't talk to me, you never call?". Yea, just finished growing my eyebrows back from the last time I talked and got flamed...

The best thing you could do to foster community input is to completely purge this forum of everything but the faq's, news, and information about the emu, and start over with a fresh attitude that encourages input.

Start a forum for each aspect of the game, and accept suggestions, dreams and stupid ideas there.

You want to know how to get more out of the community? Stop punishing them for posting. Hopefully you can get something useful out of my post here.

-Viz