Thread: Update 12/23/07
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Former Community Manager

Update 12/23/07

First of all, Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you're having a good break.

I bring to you good news from a few of our new developers. Since the project went open source, we've had some guys making some great progress. None of this stuff is on the public TC yet, but it should get there soon(TM).

Today, Ritter got surveying working. Here's a short video demonstration.

This was done in conjunction with Kyle, who has been doing a lot of work on the resource manager. The resource manager spawns resources to the database following the spawning rules observed in live. It automatically creates them, removes them when they expire, and replaces them with another. The stats it generates for the resources are based on resource gates from pre CU.

The resource manager is also tied to sampling. Ritter is working on that as well.

PanchJr has been working on buffs. He's got them working and added an @buff command that works for doc buffs. He's also made it so they clear on disconnect.

Voltrox has been working on loot. He has the loot process working. If you missed it, here's a video he posted last week demonstrating it.

Since then, he has cleaned it up some. Here are a few pics of his progress.

As you can see, he spawned quite a bit of NPCs on Dathomir. Here's an SMC sentry.

Here's looting with the correct system messages.

Here's some db admin commands. Note that he has wounds from a bull rancor that diseased him.

Finally, here's some testing opening a corpse.

That's all for now. I'd like to thank all the new developers for all the hard work they've put in over the past few weeks. You guys are great.