Thread: Update 9/4
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaika forge View Post

Why does this suggestion make me an idiot?
Same old ****. No one gets it. This isn't a professionally run forum, server, or project. It's some dudes doing it for fun for free. Stop making it not fun or they might quit.

1) You suggested I dont get it, when I have been following this project since very close to the start. I very clearly get it. you suggested im making it "not fun"..i really dont even understand how that even makes sense. Apparently asking what happened to updates makes coding "not fun"

If the community wants more updates, someone needs to log in every day, stay in IRC, and maybe have access to admin forums. That person can keep everyone updated.

2) no they dont, a dev or someone in charge or on the team who works on this and has more connections will more than likely have easier access, more often.

If Seas or PL don't have time, maybe one of the people logging in here 18 times a day can step up and do it. They're the ones complaining anyway.

3) Don't have time? They are mods for a gigantic Emu project. Not to say they don't have lives, but lets be honest, I dont think anyone who is involved with the Emu (mod, dev, fanboi) is too busy to take 30seconds every week or 2 to post an update on the site. You act as if posting an update takes a lot of free time

30 seconds buddy.

I honestly don't understand what you are trying to argue, unless you are just arguing to argue. Why would you need a special person to sit in IRC all day to gather info when a dev who knows whats going on first hand can take 30 seconds to post something.

You dont have to worry about hitting a nerve, If you know me (which you probably do seeing as i post a lot), you would know that I in general enjoy a good arguement, just most of them involve me vs someone with not a clue on whats going on.

You guys have just been defending something that doesnt even affect or involve you, yet ppl feel insulted.