View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 06:11 AM

I thought I would chime in here in regards to the olive branch being graciously offered by team SWGEmu. First let me say, I have been a member/follower/forum lurker of this community since mid-2005. I've seen the community ripped apart and pieced together numerous times since then..back when it was a handful of Devs, including Ramsey, Xeno, Ulty, and a certain Batman-related character whom I won't dare disgrace this forum by recanting his fouled name. I've been here for Core1 Zone-In, Antman's Core2 rebuild, the Smed/SoE/SWGEmu meetings, etc. and have shared in the same ups and downs as not only the Devs, but all the community members that have stuck by these tireless workers through thick and thin, even when the Dark Side was close at hand. My point being, I, like very few here today, have seen what these guys have endured, watched them grow up and mature not only as developers, but as people, and despite all the horsesh#t that has happened over the years, I still have 110% faith in this team and all the Devs\members who have contributed to its eventual success over the years.

Now, to get to my point: I highly respect Kyle's endeavor to rebuild the bridges that have been burnt over the years. Again, it shows how far this team, this community as a whole has matured over the years. I'm 29 now, pushing 30, and I know how much I've grown up personally since this project's inception, so I can only imagine how far these guys have come on their own personal levels. The one thing I have been bothered by, reading this thread, is the lukewarm to outright frigid demeanor of some of these other groups/teams/individuals in response to what I feel was a very, VERY heartfelt reaching out by this team. As I said, I've been here a long time. I KNOW why some of you feel you have been wronged, and even if I don't know the whole story, I respect that you feel you have been wronged. But quite frankly? Get over it. Yes...it's really that simple. Life is way too short to keep these petty grudges alive, and there are way too many people from all walks of life and all corners of the globe that are counting on not only team SWGEmu, but you other teams as well to bring back to life what SOmEone took from us years ago.

Am I saying "forget the past"? No. Learn from it, live by it's lessons, but don't use it as a feeble excuse to hold grudges and hinder what we all are trying to either accomplish or see accomplished: Pre-CU. I'm saying "let it go". All the animosity, all the bullsh#t. If you have something you could contribute to help this team, or vice versa, reach the finish line and have one stable server release, then that should be ALL that matters. A means to an end, and end to a goal. Noone said you all have to merge groups, or combine code, or even join/rejoin SWGEmu. Just be civil, lend a hand if you have the time or knowledge, and lets all see this singular Pre-CU goal through, together.

And if you are unwilling to accept the apologies, forgiveness, olive branches and heartfelt sentiments this team is handing out? Then don't, and go about your business as usual. You won't be missed by myself, and I imagine many others, if that is your attitude. This project, this GOAL isn't going to quietly go away. Not even Smed could cause either to do so. While we'd love to have you back in the fold in some capacity, NOONE here should have to beg or plead to make it happen. If you aren't going to be part of the solution, then don't be part of the problem either. Just in the past year alone some great great people have come along and contributed to this project...including Kyle, Kellina, Panchjr, Bobius, Ritter just to name a few. This team is strong, with or without you other teams/devs. We don't necessarily need you, we're definitely not going to kiss your arses, we're simply asking you to lay down arms, and help us become ONE COMMUNITY, ONE GOAL.

Its your call. We grew up. Have you?

Only time will tell.