View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Communications Team Manager
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelasius View Post
do the forum infractions like trolling, bumping, +1 etc... when added up to a ban will that be only to the forums or logging into the game as well? and bumping is a forum infraction???? we all do that on the trade forum.
We will have to look at special forums like Trade Forums and General areas that will need relaxed rules. Our goal is to keep things orderly for development and those two areas I listed deserve a bit more freedom as they won't bother development.

We don't claim to be perfect in everything we say and we know some tweaking and adjusting might be needed so we always stay open to input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixit6 View Post
Really, about time. Forums have degenerated incredibly over the past year, my only thoughts are to have a PvP forum section so all the trolls can have their 'fun' there.

One question....with auto infractions, would this not be open to abuse? ie. one guild hates the other so they just slam on report all day long with all their mates.

Lastly, really....I would think that the average poster who doesn't resort to troll like replies: you really shouldn't have much of a problem, if at all.
Infractions are still given by Moderators or Managers, but the point where the ban kicks in is automatic at the listed point levels. We don't adjust points for a given rule infraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonbp View Post
Seems this isn't the case.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72552

Thread closed. No troll. No rules violated. Just closed.

Sorry if I didn't ask the right question or was too gungho about playing the game. I suppose us fans shouldn't get too excited about playing. I'll be more low key and act as if I don't like the project next time.

I don't much like this game. How about you guys? I hope it takes forever to get the OR started. Being a member since 2006, I'm obviously not a big fan of the project since I've been lurking for a mere four years. Damn, why did I act so excited about the OR? I knew I shouldn't have been excited. I knew it wasn't allowed in these forums yet I still acted excited. Dammit. What in the mother of all hell was I thinking?

Sorry to be excited.

I don't expect this post to stay up long since it doesn't say the right things or kiss any of the mod's butts.
I haven't talked to IX but my guess is that your thread was viewed as "asking an ETA". Those typically get closed.

At the same time, I have asked everybody to take some time to adjust to the updated rules and infraction system and that includes Staff too.

Please address concerns about staff and management policy to concerns@swgemu.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
I'm not sure there that there will be a trade forum after the OR.
We will have one.

Former SWG Carbineer Correspondent from pre-CU through the NGE
Iebas Feania on Chilastra Master Architect/Carbineer/Creature Handler

| SWGEmu FAQ | A Newbie's Guide to SWGEmu! | Launchpad Enhanced | How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester | Profession Forums |
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.