View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 09:49 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinney View Post
I'm not really sure whats to get excited about.

1 heavily populated server with massive lag for any non US players and 10's of sparesely populated servers, that will die off rather quickly.

Monopolies are never a good idea for the consumer (end-user/us) they are always great for the people running them.
SWGEMU now have a very captive audience and will draw any new players instantly. They have effectively killed off any of the other servers, some of which are better able to host a server.
Most of you wont care because you've been blowing sunshine up SWGEMU's arse for so long, but a lot of people have put a great deal of effort into preparing a dedicated server and that work has been nulified by this announcement.

The future doesnt seem so bright.
i disagree with you.

atleast i myself, will be creating and playing characters on multiple servers at start. then decide after while which suits best for my needs / likings.

every one will be bit different in one way or other, be it location,community or certain aspects of the game/future plans. i'm sure there is plenty of players atleast for the major servers out there.

wouldn't it be better and best for all of us if the different communities could work together with EMU team instead of taking it like competition? we're all in this cause we want pre-cu back.

Last edited by mijom; 12-29-2008 at 09:52 AM.