View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinney View Post
I'm not really sure whats to get excited about.

1 heavily populated server with massive lag for any non US players and 10's of sparesely populated servers, that will die off rather quickly.

Monopolies are never a good idea for the consumer (end-user/us) they are always great for the people running them.
SWGEMU now have a very captive audience and will draw any new players instantly. They have effectively killed off any of the other servers, some of which are better able to host a server.
Most of you wont care because you've been blowing sunshine up SWGEMU's arse for so long, but a lot of people have put a great deal of effort into preparing a dedicated server and that work has been nulified by this announcement.

The future doesnt seem so bright.
just like on soe's swg when there was many servers to chose from, there is multiple servers to chose from with the emu. those servers like true galaxies and the such i am sure have built tight bonds and they will not want to go to another server because they enjoy the atmosphere there. just because the emu team is going to have thier own server, does not mean every one will flock to the emu team's server. I for one will see which one is more to my liking and depending on many factors will chose a server, not necessarily this one.