View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 03:54 PM
SWGEmuContent Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
I agree and disagree. While I feel that non-coders should have a place in this process, core game mechanics need to be implemented long before quest ideas. This seems to be obvious to you.

Bombarding the development team with creative ideas is not conducive to progression.

That said, this forum exists for what seems to be what you were talking about.
Who mentioned bombarding the devs? lol Thank you for the response, but I do not need a link to the "Future Server Ideas" forum I use it quite often. I'm talking about something a little more formal and organized where a small team can organize fresh new ideas from the entire community for content once we go live. Perhaps what you are suggesting is me just going through the entire FSI forum and turning all of those posts into code-ready ideas?

That forum serves a good purpose: players that feel they have an idea can post it at their pleasure. If you go in, you tend to see 15 threads about Jedi, 3 about capital ships, and very little is specific. Now don't get me wrong, there are good threads mixed in there as well. But it's easy to overlook the importance of small-level content. How about some creative, region-specific missions that are more than just "A local flora farmer has an infestation of womp rats. Go wipe them out." ???

I have an artistic mind, and I see more potential in this game than those types of missions and, for lack of better words, the "quests" that SOE used. We need to open up to new ideas. Everything should be up for discussion.

PS Coders are awesome. lol