View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 11:54 PM

Hi guys,

I normaly don't tell my views in discussions like that but I have 2 massive problems with the actual situation:

1.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by odwill View Post
You couldn't be more wrong.... Do you think I wanted to put 16 hours into this Poll in two days only to have it removed? I already put over 30 hours a week into this project and some ignorant jerk like you comes in here like you own the place making outlandish false assumptions. I already said we stuffed up and we are sorry, what else do you want? If your out for blood it isn't going to happen. Take your attitude and hit the road.
You think he/she is wrong? Ok no problem! You want to tell us that it's not your fault how unhappy the people are and that you have put in a lot of work? Understood and much appreciated! BUT never ever should someone of the community lead(GM, Community Managers, Devs) ever call community members like this. Why? Because if someone from the devs speak like this everyone else will shortly talk like this...

2.)

I have no problem with the decision of the devs to don't do a wipe even if I voted for a wipe.
BUT you state SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Now my problem is if you do a poll (which you don't need to) you HAD TO do whatever the poll result is. Just because of the morale of the community as this community think they are a big part of the project. If you need to do the opposite of the poll result just "modify" the poll result. It will not have that much impact on the community as the actual solution...

BTW for all that think the devs do it in their free time and we have no rights do critism just think about what will happen to all the hard work if we always say "Yes, Yes,..." - everytime the community will loose people until no people are there anymore. The devs worked hard but no one left to thank them or honor their work.

After that said I still have trust into this project and I am sure the devs will learn a lot from these events.