View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 11:16 PM

Absolutely awesome

Like so many others, I too canceled my SWG account not long after the CU. It wasn't until more than a year later during a free-play period that I experienced that farce called NGE. Ever since CU, I longed for the good old days of what was in SWG prior to that first supreme act of stupidity by SOE. Ever since I first read about this project back in '06, I have been very eagerly looking forward to this. I would like to offer my assistance but honestly it has been more than 12 years since I've last done any coding and I fear that I've forgotten too much to be of much use. Beyond my courses in C, C++ and Scheme, I used to code in C and C++ for Netrek (Grandfather Borg) and a few MUDs while in college. (Any of you out there ever play EOTL or Holy Mission back in the early and mid 90's?)

Anyway, the least I can do is help with any testing so I'll be poking and prodding things on the test server whilst continuing to look forward to the completion of this project.

If there is anything that I can do to assist, (possible story/quest writing) let me know and I'll try to help in any way I can. I really want to see this finished and succeed. I miss my uber black & red X-Wing named Black Widow. (It was commissioned from our server's top shipwright and made from some super quality Old Steel which he still had a small amount of left at the time. She was a beast that set me back over 110 million credits - pretty much bankrupted me in fact - but was worth every cred in a dogfight.)

Sadly I don't remember my toon's name on SWG - Naritus server. I remember that she was a Master TKA/Master Dancer and her X-wing's name. Just not the toon. LOL Sad. I know.

- Kalen Darkmoon (fanfic writer)
aka USS RENEGADE (Netrek)
aka Renegade (MUD)

Last edited by KDarkmoon; 01-23-2009 at 07:11 PM.