Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 01:28 PM

I'm not one of those guys who thinks he should be involved and know what you folks are up to in development. I figure you are doing this thing on a volunteer basis and I've no right to make demands.

However, I do think I have the right to ask that members of the community are treated with some respect on the forums (where things seem to be going well mostly) and on IRC. I've had zero personal issues with mods on IRC, but I've seen some things that upset me.

1. Multiple people kicked from IRC simply for asking a question. Granted, a newb question that is answered in the faq documents, but just for asking a question. A simple link to the info and all would have been well. Instead, a flame then kick.

2. An entire ISP was banned because of the actions of one person. I'd rather have the potential return of one ******* than see an ISP full of potentially intelligent and diligent testers and community members banned for that *******'s actions.

That sort of disrespect trickles down. People start to figure you can just flame the pants off of people for asking questions or proposing ideas. It happens constantly. We ALL need to respect one another if we want to have a good community. We are ALL after the same thing, right? A fun and stable pre-cu server to enjoy.