Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flas View Post
In the past i have looked up much of the info i have needed. But from time to time even tho i ask a ques. get responses that are really uncalled for. All these hardcore flamers need to be stopped. Then i'm sure u will have people with RL xp in the area's u need advise in like advertising will be happy to help. The way things are run now it kinda feels like the teenagers have control or at the least young adults that have no RL xp other then sitting in front of a computer all day flaming people cause they got picked on in school or something and its the only way they can fight back. Sorry if i offended anyone but this Vid screen bully crap has to stop. Otherwise this is prolly going to fail.
Bingo. I think you hit one of the biggest concerns people share about this board. I'm a member of many MMO related forums/communities, and that is overwhelmingly the reaction posted by others when this project is mentioned. And that's from a wide spectrum of websites from MMO design/conceptual discussions groups to average gamer sites. The end result is a lot of talented people that could lend valuable support are shying away because life's too short to deal with socially inept people that feel they need to berate people for asking a question or voicing an opinion.