Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Banned

I remember once not too long ago being banned and the entire forums being threatened to be wiped because there was too much discussion going on. I'm honestly at a loss now as to what you want from us. As far as I know, we're all (or at least, I know I am) pretty much doing exactly what we were told, now: sitting on our hands and waiting patiently.
I check for updates and I participate in the open tests. I honestly thought that's how you wanted us to behave.

I can also promise you that the people you see posting on your forums aren't the only ones waiting for this project to finish. There are several far more active server-specific forums out there that talk 24/7 about the game and your progress.

As for what I'm looking to get out of the emulator: personally I just want to play the game exactly as it was originally. Whatever you need to do to make it work like that or even to simply appear to work like that. I'm also hoping for the ability to reinstate some features that were removed before patch 12, such as player corpses, but I know I'm in a strong minority on this.
Really I absolutely hate third party content in games like this, but I realize that's a server issue and not yours. You're just here to make the software support it, and that's understandable because a lot of servers seem to have big goals.

Seriously, though, I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're asking for. You already know what we want. Most of us aren't technically-informed enough to be able to make in-depth suggestions like "I want the software to support dynamic hypermega super NPC AI scripting," etc. Like I said before, we're just waiting patiently and are there to hammer a test server when you need us to.

Oh yeah, and IRC... I hang out in the #test channel occasionally, but to be honest I don't like most of the discussion that takes place in #SWGemu, though. No offense to anyone, I guess the people that do talk in there just aren't my type of people.

Last edited by Correction; 03-30-2007 at 10:03 AM.