View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Inactive Developer

Blue Frogs - Jawa Traders

I've just committed the first revision of Blue Frogs into the SVN -- blue frog NPCs. Expect to see them on TC some time in the near future.

The reason I say this is the first revision is because Blue Frogs, as you remember them from the SOE test center, were these big ugly blue terminals. In order for me to implement them in that way, I'll need to capture packets, so I can see how the terminal windows work. I have to wait for the SOE TestCenter to come back up for that (blue frogs are not on TCPrime).

In the mean time, I've implemented blue frogs in the form of NPCs. You will notice several "Jawa Traders" in Anchorhead. Communicate with them and they will give you items and train you in professions to test with.

For now on, newly created characters will only spawn with the items that should spawn with their novice starting profession. You can go to one of the Jawa Traders and get whatever items you need to test.

Once BFs hit the TC, you should work with your profession representative to request items or professions that you would like added to the blue frogs to make testing a specific area more efficient.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM or hit me up in IRC. I'm usually idling in the #openDev channel.

Last edited by bobius; 05-11-2008 at 12:44 PM.