View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
2.4 Troll posts or threads. We define troll posts and threads as those which knowingly lead to inflammatory or off-topic messages with the intent of A) provoking other users into a desired emotional response or B) disrupting normal on-topic discussion. 1 point, expires in 9 months
Quote:
2.13 Spam, defined as the re-posting of content repeatedly. Spam includes QFE's without explanation, +1's, Bumps, blatantly off topic posts and "In Before Lock"s. 1 point, expires in 2 weeks
2 Weeks for spamming but 9 Months for trolling? I mean, I've seen Mods troll before not to mention that vague description of trolling would give potential to Mods interpreting it the way they want (i.e. what they or their friends post "isn't" trolling but what others post "is" trolling). Everyone flames at least a little bit and often times it's not a very conscious and deliberate violation of a healthy community. Arguments get heated. Spamming, however, is a conscious violation.

However, I don't think QFE's, bumps, or Inb4 Locks can hardly be considered spamming (largely to do with the fact they aren't "re-posting" content as described by your definition of "spamming") as they aren't (again) the same conscious violation as someone re-posting a thread over and over again.

If it's not too much to ask, I'd like to see some justification behind the specificity of some of these changes (such as the ones I mentioned above).

Check out my Star Wars: Fanon creations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbab View Post
Jedi was never a problem, ever, the only problem was the population
Wait.... what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
If you couldn't kill a fully templated jedi then you're a noob. Sorry but 1337 players could drop a jedi no problem, melee or ranged.
This is why we can't have nice conversations.