View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 03:24 AM

I agree that the core issue at hand is that this is a test server, and wipes should be expected... however, wipes on a test server generally happen when NEW content is added that is needing to be tested to further the development of the game. As I read the current proposal for the wipe, there isn't anything that actually would be coming into the new-wiped version of the server except, possibly, a changed Jedi unlock system. All this does is address economic/duping issues that DO NOT affect the actual testing of the server. It could make the community happy or it could piss off people who put in a lot of time into the game in order to progress to a point where they are now.

Either way, whatever happens, I won't be HUGELY affected as I just got to a point where I have characters set up, harvest toons at the ready, etc... However, I can see this being a completely counter-productive move as it doesn't actually DO anything that cannot be re-instigated later.

Some of the arguments for are kind of...short term minded...

Fixing the issue of too many Jedi: This is only a short term solution as once the new system is figured out (barring there being so many bugs that the devs have to rollback to the old system) someone will post a guide on the forums about it and people will start unlocking. Barring actually making some accounts NOT CAPABLE of unlocking, you will always have the possibility of lots of Jedi.

Fixing credit/item duping, and therefore the economy: This assumes that there aren't other dupes that players won't be able to figure out over the course of the time between the proposed wipe and the OR. Otherwise we'll have had a complete server wipe that ended up with the same result down the road.

Fixing/changing crafting to where it's more on par with loots: I would like more details on this one, as if they mean there would be a lessening of the quality of loot weapons, and a bump in the quality of resources (plus enabling schematics maybe for things like DXR6 Rifles, RIS Armor, Scythes, etc...) then this would definitely be a nice thing for PLAYABILITY of a crafter. It does NOT, however, TEST anything that would be added to the OR or SC.

I would like to see the forum admins possibly RE POST this whole idea, and let people vote with ALL the information as stated. I have to wonder how many yes votes would change to no and how many no votes would switch to yes.

Oh and PS...No blue frogs please... Being able to insta-master, even if "to get the testing rolling" is cheap. When LAUNCH happened in ANY game, you didn't have insta-masters, so why on EMU?

Hope the constructive posts are able to be read out of the mess that this thread has become.
Falceon Feir - Pistoleer/BH
Krysan Feir- MDoc/swordsman
Galaxy Harvester- Falceon