View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Seaseman
Administrator

To answer some questions.

Why is this going to be different than core 1?

We've learned from core 1, and believe me. We've been talking about how to prevent a core 1 from ever happening again for almost a month now. This time around there will be QUALITY CONTROL. There will be more testing before ANY revisions are made, and we will make sure that they are quality revisions. We will only accept code from people who are GOOD coders. Not ANYONE, like before.

The problem before with core 1 was that certain members of the dev team DIDN'T LOOK or TEST most of the revisions that were submitted. They just threw them onto the pile. That's why it was so unclean, so hard to work with and SO unstable. Like I said before, not just ANYONE will be able to submit code that will be added to the revision list. We will require that it is tested, and worth while to implement.

We've started DevTeam2, which is sort of a new dev team that will concentrate on features, testing and clearing revisions for final submission. They will be the only ones with the capability and permission to submit final revisions and such to SVN.

What is Engine3?
Engine 3 is the "engine" of core 3. Without engine 3, core 3 is useless. Without core 3, engine3 is still engine 3. It's all of the actual server work, the clustering code, and all of the things that happen beneath the hood to keep core3 running nicely.

I'll try to keep answering questions.