View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakis View Post
Supreme Commander. Maxes the **** out of my Dual-Core E6600. My friend with a quad-core has to host or we lag too badly. :P
Are you serious? SC maxes your PC out? I'm running on a 64-bit ASUS with a GeForce 7600 GT and I run SC on full and my fps doesn't even take a hit. It's a Single-Core machine. I always find it funny when people have dual core machines and they're having so much trouble with games as simple as Supreme Commander lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabrakwith View Post
Forgive me for being an old lady and out of school for a long time...
I have a dual core HP media center. How does this help me for gaming? Does it automatically adjust to my needs or do I need to make some modifications to get the most out of it?
Multiple cores were SUPPOSE to be made to handle seperate parts of operations done with your machine, but since no company other than microsoft takes that into effect it's just scrap-metal for the next 3-4 years. They're very overpriced and over hyped on the market. You could have a 2.4 quadcore, which is suppose to handle most operations at a nice rate, however you're not running with 4 2.4s with most programs, you're running with a single core. There's no real way to adjust this unless the operation is made specifically for it. Dual-Cores and Quad-Cores don't do anything for games atm. The only game I've seen that can handle dual core is Quake Wars. Quake Wars was made so that 1 core handles pure code, and the other handles the physical world, rendering models and effects.

So you can sit up on your 'throne' with multiple core machines, but it doesn't mean anything. The machine you're using will be obsolete in the next few years, and you spent over $400 on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!

Last edited by Xiox; 01-05-2008 at 08:49 AM.