Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iovid View Post
I have to agree with Anakis and I do understand why people who don't think before they speak get flamed or banned. I have tried not to meddle in the affairs of the developers so I wont slow them down but if there is anything that I can actually help with I am always more than willing and I wish there was more I could do.
I'm in the same boat as Iovid. I did once exchange a pair of messages with Bracketh, asking if I could help on a research project in live which hadn't received any new posts in a couple of months. The response was friendly, but he said "hang out on IRC, that's where things happen." Well, having spent time hanging out on IRC, not much happens there honestly excepting during guided testing. I guess the idea was so the devs could get a sense of who folks are, but most of the conversation in the IRC channel is pointless and not really useful to see how well someone would follow through on assisting the team. And personally, when the choice is spending my time deciphering the grammar on IRC or working on my PhD, I've got to choose the latter.