View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 01:46 AM

Can't tell you how excited I am about this whole project!! You guys are awesome and I love what you're doing, and I love the "current tasks" when you log in etc. This thread is also a great idea, it helps keep people excited and focussed to know where we're at.

I have questions though. Or suggestions.

If I met someone who had just logged in and hadn't seen anything, I'd be telling them that combat mostly worked, there was free training/gear from the gungan npc, vehicles worked, small harvesters work, but not to expect droids, pets, or houses yet.
- However, there isn't one place like this where it actually says that. I had to learn that by grinding up to where I could either make something or find I had wasted my time.
A new thread every now and then with lists: What works! What to test! Coming soon! Whats not ingame yet! to make it easy to see.

This thread, if you look at the top, says the status was last updated 4 months ago, in January, because nobody edited it. Some visitors might not realise the numbers below that have been edited more recently.

The lists, to me anyway, tell me that crafting is done and being tested, structures are pretty much done, factory crates and harvesters are all done and being tested. YAY!
But... wtf? After grinding all the complex resources, making all the advanced crafting tools, I go to make stuff and:
- can't make factories. so I don't see how we're testing crates
- can't make houses, so I don't see how we've tested the ban/admin lists
- there are no schems for large harvesters or houses, yet they're both level 5...?

NOT complaining! It's great so far. It's just if I read the forums and didn't see those things, then I know there are some people will read this thread and will only just now have learned that the above things don't work yet. There will be others in the game who will be grinding for the resources to make, say, a house, and will then find that they can't make one yet.

Finally, why no Gungan option to "give me some darned resources plzz"? I'm sure sampling works; there are a hundred people testing it 24 hours a day. If there was an option to get the basics so people could test crafting or make their first harvesters without spending 8 hours sampling first, the testing would go quicker. Stop ppl exploiting it if it might discourage people from harvesting, like charge them $50,000 for a balanced set of resources or something.

Again, just being constructive here, love you guys! yay SWGEMU!