View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 03:41 PM

First, I accept what the Devs are doing, like most of you I appreciate the commitment and effort to the entire emu and will continue to support it. I suspect that all the issues of a wipe were not thuroughly thought out, for example the possibilty of mutiple blue frogged masters on every account.

Secondly, I am less concerned about a wipe than I am about what lessons are learned from this. There are always going to be strong emotions and reactions to big changes and I think that votes and opinions are worth what you pay for them, nothing.

That said I heartily agree with taking input from the community and seriously considering it with all other factors. God knows that was SOE's major downfall.

I suggest that the Devs think about establishing a set of guiding principles that will dictate what actions are taken in the future. I think one all aready exists, "maintain true to pre cu". What I am suggesting however is something like, "always maintain the integrity of the game i.e. cheaters pay", whatever it takes. Another might be always maintain a level playing field. I seriously think that the community will tolerate and support almost any action if it is fair. I am not naive fairness can be in the eyes of the beholder but if the question is "is this action fair to the community and respectful to the rights of the individual"? I will respect their decisions.

What all this means is that the Devs MUST ALWAYS make decisions that are fair, transpararnt and are SEEN as fair.
I have been in rl business a long time and appearances cause much more agony than most people ever realize.

Thanks for the game, it is great fun even though I am a poor, jediless, grunt.