View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Here, a huge event stands poised with hundreds of players ready and waiting for the word go, to be met by a complete server crash. Chance has it that Oru and TA are asleep, and the server remains down through the night. Hours of preparation and anticipation are simply washed away.
And yet, the community is more active and involved than any other day this year.
What does this say?
What is it about disaster that makes people connect?
Why are your best friends forged through your hardest journeys?

I can't answer that, but I can use it. Perhaps running away from a disaster is the worst thing to do. Perhaps fleeing at the first sign of trouble will only make you weaker.
Good luck makes a person feel good about themselves. Bad lack makes people feel good about each other.

This is just a purely awesome quote.

I think people here have been forged as a result of the downfall of SWG. SOE did not realize that by changing a simple video game so drastically, that they would one day soon afterwards forge a community so tightly wound togather that nothing and no one would stop the community from thriving to achieve the one ultimate goal. They didnt ever think that one day they would create a monster (our community) which would one day rival a huge company such as themselves. They never took the time to think about the actions they took. And they will soon realize that the legal rights to SWG (pre cu) belonged to them, but they were nothing without the people who loved the game. They will soon discover that they cannot do as they please without consideration for the people who give them their paychecks. SWGEmu will indeed rival SOE for the right to the star wars universe known as SWG, in my honest opinion.

I believe that SWGEmu will be stronger than even the original SWG ever was. What is happening here is epic, and amazing. Rebuilding a game, and a community from ashes. And when suncrusher goes online, i think that the biggest problem will be the server cap. People will be fighting for their place in that galaxy.

Thanks for all the hard work SWGEmu team, I look forward to the future of the project, now, more than ever, with the greatest anticipation.

Last edited by Vlock; 02-18-2009 at 02:16 AM.