Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 05:33 PM

"SWGEmu isn't going to succeed without a willing community. This community is doing a piss poor job of working to build a better community for the future precu."

SWGEmu is doing a piss poor job of community relations.

Anyone that asks a question, or tries to get details so they can give input or ideas, get flamed or banned from mods or devs.

Sorry, but after seeing other people getting their asses kicked by the team. I am reluctant to give any opinion, idea or ask any question. I would prefer to at least give an educated idea, and to do that question might need to be answered. Not people getting banned for asking questions.

Now if someone is just a complete tool, and doesn't look in the forums at all, and asks a question that was asked in the post below him. By all means, he derserves to get hit with the "Corky bat"

Trust me I appreciate everything that the team is doing, and how far you've gotten. But if you want to emphasize community, the first thing that has to be done is to relax your itchy trigger fingers from the ban button.

"If you want to know what we're working on:
Crafting (research)
Clustering (beginning in core3, oru's planning that I think)
Npcs/mobs (core3)"

I've seen people getting flamed/banned for just asking what is going on with Crafting. When that question (last I looked a couple months ago) wasn't even asnwered in the forums.

Please don't ban me for this, it did my best to remain constructive. But all the blame can't be put on the community.

--Blud Lust

P.S. And for the noobs... please search the forums before asking questions. Odds are it has been asked before.