View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 02:51 PM
SWGEmuContent Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkyman587 View Post
It is not hard to see why interest has fallen. Every one of my friends who has come here to learn more has been met with generally stuck-up behavior. Questions such as.. what can I do, when is it ready, can I test whats there? are met with "ZOMG!!! DIDNT YOU READ STICKY 5 PAGE 14!!!!?" I have no idea what an IRC channel is, I just hop on a computer, keep my hardware up to date, and play games as they come out... SWG being one of the best games/communities I have ever seen. I figured this project would exemplify that quality of people, but not from what I have seen. I check back every other month or so, just to see if anything has been done. My friends now do the same, because we were all scared off by people who figured we should have known every detail from the start. I know a lot of effort has been put into this project, but by the time its all over, even the real SWG will have a larger following and more loyal fan base than this.
I agree with parts of this, and I disagree with others. The fan base for the emu is somewhat dormant I think. I do agree with you about the general animosity to new players who appear for this project and are curious. When I found out about the emu, I was BLOWN AWAY. And I definitely picked up on the feeling that I was only welcome if I've read every single page and post of the forums. It was like "Welcome to SWGEmu! Now DONT TALK FOR 2 WEEKS!" lol This attitude does not help players feel like they are welcome. Thankfully I don't really care if people flame me, I just do my own thing.