View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeslesrik View Post
They update us when they have something to tell us about. They're re-writing the code to make it more stable and easier to maintain. This means standardizing things so all the raw code looks similar. They built the game and now they're optimizing the code in order to provide smoother play and stability. What they're doing isn't fun but needs to be done. They're not making new they're fixing old.

I would like an update everyday but something major isn't done everyday so I'm ok with that. The community has backed this project for YEARS; I really doubt that an extended period between updates (like it hasn't happened before?) will make every one run away.

** quoted for support not to rebut.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not by any means saying a daily update is necessary to maintain the member base. What I am saying however, is that when big things happen in a project of this scope, it benefits to keep a more frequent (bi-weekly) update, even if it's just to say, "Yep we're still working on code, nothing new here." This gives a little reassurance to the community that things are under control and helps to keep the frustrated and impatient at bay. As for the community backing the project for "years", that illustrates my point actually, people have been behind this for years, and no offense intended, but we aren't getting any younger. I applaud those who have managed to stay patient and have shown such a strong resolve, but not everyone has such a deep commitment as is human nature.

All in all, I think the project is getting dangerously close to release personally, this rewrite which many consider to be a set back, at least in my eyes is more like a precursor to a very fast and furious push until release. They are drawing back the bow, getting things lined up, and then WHAMOLA, they'll release. Truly, I'm excited again and can't wait to see this thing launch.