SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.86 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oru View Post
there is no need to be offensive like that

anyways we are going to post some updates soon but if you weren't lazy enough to log into the TC you might know whats going on. we are busy with work and school so it's hard to find even time to just implementing the features..
Of course there isnt, there is also no need for people to give me page long responses getting offended when I simply referred back to the statement of more updates. But lazy enough to log on TC? Thats a pretty big assumption for the many people who dont go on it. Some people might be just as busy as you, if not busier. Nobody said you have all the time in the world and everyone here understands that, we ALL know this project takes an ass ton of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrej View Post
Lets walk through this.

Devs agreed to post more frequent progress updates, top 10, etc.

Devs do this for a awhile.

Devs stop...

What major thing has happened in the last few months that has consumed a vast majority of the devs time... one that Ultyma hinted at...hrmmm, hrmmm, thinking, thinking, maybe its...CLUSTERING!

The devs probably weren't thinking that clustering was going to be such a long matter, hence why they didn't mention that they were stopping the frequent updates schedule. Since clustering must be completed to a point to where features are put in you are seeing/have seen that apparent "dry spell" of content updates. They have apparently come back to content with vehicles and static npc spawns.

But in any case can't you possibly fathom that these guys are a little busy now? That maybe they have lives outside of the server they are coding for you? In addition, school has started up and, as such, there is a serious time crunch happening for some (all?) of the devs right now.

Seriously, with a 1,000+ posts you would think you would've gotten that hint by now.

Now wait like the rest of us.

Who isnt waiting? Again you are just like every other idiot who can't comprehend a simple post and you still get offended like I stole your lunch money.

They are a little busy? o WOW I HAD NO IDEA, i thought this project was really easy to create. thanks for that

Clustering? Oh wow I had no idea yet again! thanks bud.

It takes all but 20seconds to make a forum post. Its been discussed again and again and again. Im not trying to call anyone out on being lazy or not hard working. But saying anyone is too busy to make a forum post is just idiotic. It was said updates were going to happen a lot more frequently, and it stopped for some reason. What an ass I am to wondering why it suddenly stopped.

All anyone asked for was updates a little more frequently. Im just the only one who has said anything about it because other ppl dont want to step on anyones toes. You can get offended as much as you like, i really dont care.

Last edited by IG-EightyEight; 10-04-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:32 AM

Well looking around the forums I see this from Sesame

...Later this week I will change them to yellow cons and make it so some spawn from lairs and such.

Sounds like a pretty good imminent update to me.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-EightyEight View Post
Of course there isnt, there is also no need for people to give me page long responses getting offended when I simply referred back to the statement of more updates. But lazy enough to log on TC? Thats a pretty big assumption for the many people who dont go on it. Some people might be just as busy as you, if not busier. Nobody said you have all the time in the world and everyone here understands that, we ALL know this project takes an ass ton of time.

Who isnt waiting? Again you are just like every other idiot who can't comprehend a simple post and you still get offended like I stole your lunch money.

They are a little busy? o WOW I HAD NO IDEA, i thought this project was really easy to create. thanks for that

Clustering? Oh wow I had no idea yet again! thanks bud.

It takes all but 20seconds to make a forum post. Its been discussed again and again and again. Im not trying to call anyone out on being lazy or not hard working. But saying anyone is too busy to make a forum post is just idiotic. It was said updates were going to happen a lot more frequently, and it stopped for some reason. What an ass I am to wondering why it suddenly stopped.

All anyone asked for was updates a little more frequently. Im just the only one who has said anything about it because other ppl dont want to step on anyones toes. You can get offended as much as you like, i really dont care.
If you got the time to ask on the forums, why dont you have the time to get on TC instead? am i missing something? because it seems if you just replaced your forum time by looking at TC instead, you would have time to look at it, yes? I dont mean to upset you, but its just not adding up.

"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons" -Herodotus

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." -Veron Sanders Law

12 Highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion -Scottish proverb.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar View Post
If you got the time to ask on the forums, why dont you have the time to get on TC instead? am i missing something? because it seems if you just replaced your forum time by looking at TC instead, you would have time to look at it, yes? I dont mean to upset you, but its just not adding up.
True to IG +IG if u got over 1000 posts use your time more wisely in the TC not in forums
Old 10-04-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV90 View Post
True to IG +IG if u got over 1000 posts use your time more wisely in the TC not in forums
because I can post on the Emu forums when im at work or working in the computer lab, and at my pc at my place.

I definitely could log onto the TC when im at home, i choose not to because there really wouldnt be much I would do on there, I dont even have the Emu installed currently because I had a bunch of issues with it a while back and I never bothered to fix it.

My post count has absolutely nothing to do with spending time, a post takes 15 seconds to make.

And why should anyone who just wants updates be required to use the TC? if thats how the devs want it, by all means its their choice and I wouldnt make a fuss.

But when updates are said to be coming a lot more frequently (this was back when updates sometimes were like 2-3 weeks apart), I can ask why its not happening or whats going on. A lot of players greatly look forward to mainsite updates, no matter how insignificant the update may be.

Im not angry or pissed off, im simply curious about the status of the game and anxious like every other player. All the devs have to say is "we are going back to once a month updates" and thats my answer. I dont need a bunch of teenagers to tell me that "THEY ARE WORKING ON IT. CANT U RESPECT ITS THEIR FREE TIME AND OWN HARD WORK." We all know this.

You all get so offended that I have a hard time taking you seriously. It is a simple question.

And if this doesnt add up to you, then I honestly dont know what to say other than you have some comprehension issues beyond anything here, and you probably need some personal help. But then again perhaps its wise not to give advice on things you know nothing about.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:32 PM

I agree.

I don't log in to the TC for very long. It's full of sploiters, and isn't very balanced. TKA ftw. Heal ftw. Vader ftw.

I'd like to just see some news, just a sentence or something.

But, what'd I'd like is for the devs to just work, the way they want. Updates come, eventually.

Meh.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Same old ****. No one gets it. This isn't a professionally run forum, server, or project. It's some dudes doing it for fun for free. Stop making it not fun or they might quit.

If the community wants more updates, someone needs to log in every day, stay in IRC, and maybe have access to admin forums. That person can keep everyone updated.

If Seas or PL don't have time, maybe one of the people logging in here 18 times a day can step up and do it. They're the ones complaining anyway.

Problem solved.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaika forge View Post
Same old ****. No one gets it. This isn't a professionally run forum, server, or project. It's some dudes doing it for fun for free. Stop making it not fun or they might quit.

If the community wants more updates, someone needs to log in every day, stay in IRC, and maybe have access to admin forums. That person can keep everyone updated.

If Seas or PL don't have time, maybe one of the people logging in here 18 times a day can step up and do it. They're the ones complaining anyway.

Problem solved.
LOL making it not fun? So after they stated they would release updates a lot more often and we have gotten 2 in 2 months, I simply ask whats going on...im making this project not fun and they might quit......ya ok Chief.

The people who actually DO the updates in game can take the 30seconds and write out 2 sentences on what has been goin on. (like they've always done)

your idiocy on this subject is actually suprising, you do realize what you suggested is a lot more of a hassle than the people running the show taking 30seconds do type it out?

get real idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmlaurence View Post
Seriously like why cant you just gtfo? If you were just curious you would state that, but you put it in a rude manor... Every single post. Honestly, if you have nothing good to say, just stfu.

Did you not read my ****ing post? Put it in a rude manor? ya thats subjective, if you got offended by it thats not my fault. Nothing good to say? wtf are u talking about, stop rambling about stupid bull**** that make no sense and doesnt even belong in this thread. THOUSANDS of ppl here wait for updates, i decided to ask on it because I was wondering why we arent getting updates like we were before.

stop pushing out bull**** excuses like "THIS IS DONE ON FREE TIME, THEY ARE BUSY BLAH BLAH BLAH" we all know this AND APPRECIATE IT. THEY SAID they would be making updates a lot more often, so I asked, stop ****ing crying about it. You take it like its a personal insult to your religion, stop taking offense to things that dont have anything to do with you, I give the devs as much respect as anyone here and appreciate just as much if not more than most everyone here. Asking about whats going on with updates is perfectly fine. I dont start getting rude until morons stick their nose into business that doesnt involve them and getting rude.

Again, this isnt a piss n moan thread to the devs themselves, people here are apparently a little slow with understanding and reading posts.

So if you want to reply with a ***** n moan to me about something or other about waiting and being patient, either dont bother, or send it in a PM so I can ignore it, either way I dont care, but stop giving me **** about asking a question that many ppl have wanted to ask.

Last edited by IG-EightyEight; 10-04-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IG-EightyEight View Post
because I can post on the Emu forums when im at work or working in the computer lab, and at my pc at my place.

I definitely could log onto the TC when im at home, i choose not to because there really wouldnt be much I would do on there, I dont even have the Emu installed currently because I had a bunch of issues with it a while back and I never bothered to fix it.

My post count has absolutely nothing to do with spending time, a post takes 15 seconds to make.

And why should anyone who just wants updates be required to use the TC? if thats how the devs want it, by all means its their choice and I wouldnt make a fuss.

But when updates are said to be coming a lot more frequently (this was back when updates sometimes were like 2-3 weeks apart), I can ask why its not happening or whats going on. A lot of players greatly look forward to mainsite updates, no matter how insignificant the update may be.

Im not angry or pissed off, im simply curious about the status of the game and anxious like every other player. All the devs have to say is "we are going back to once a month updates" and thats my answer. I dont need a bunch of teenagers to tell me that "THEY ARE WORKING ON IT. CANT U RESPECT ITS THEIR FREE TIME AND OWN HARD WORK." We all know this.

You all get so offended that I have a hard time taking you seriously. It is a simple question.

And if this doesnt add up to you, then I honestly dont know what to say other than you have some comprehension issues beyond anything here, and you probably need some personal help. But then again perhaps its wise not to give advice on things you know nothing about.
Seriously like why cant you just gtfo? If you were just curious you would state that, but you put it in a rude manor... Every single post. Honestly, if you have nothing good to say, just stfu.

long live the emu

Old 10-04-2007, 04:32 PM

[QUOTE=IG-EightyEight;115769All anyone asked for was updates a little more frequently. Im just the only one who has said anything about it because other ppl dont want to step on anyones toes. [/QUOTE]

I wasnt here for the time before when updates were added so frequently but ever since I found this emu and told my friends we usually log on here at least every 2 days and out of all those days one time have I seen a "posted" update, some people dont like to test, like IG for instance, he has that right and hes makeing a simple request for people to post what got updated... if not here then maybe at the #updates channel which hasnt been used since june... I dont see why some people feel ofended?
I especially dont see why anyone who isnt a dev told him off seeing that they have nothng to do with the administration and development of the emu? Im one of those people who was wondering why there werent updates being posted here but as he said i didnt want to push anything (step on toes) since im fairly new around here and dont know at which pace this goes forward

Last edited by Ferreira; 10-04-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:28 PM

[QUOTE=IG-EightyEight;115769]Of course there isnt, there is also no need for people to give me page long responses getting offended when I simply referred back to the statement of more updates. But lazy enough to log on TC? Thats a pretty big assumption for the many people who dont go on it. Some people might be just as busy as you, if not busier. Nobody said you have all the time in the world and everyone here understands that, we ALL know this project takes an ass ton of time.

(wonderfully insightful commentary)...
/QUOTE]

Whatever the intention of your posts, you do a damn good job of sounding like an ass in the ones that people call you out on. I realize that you are simply pushing the subject of something that just vanished and no-one is talking about. But, honestly, the reason people don't talk about it is because it is damn easy to realize what is happening.

You see, no matter your intent, you pushed the subject like an ass, and the reason why I responded was because Oru himself responded to your post saying that there was no need for the offensive atmosphere of your post. And you know what happens when the devs are affected by offensive posts? What would anyone do if they were making something for a community of beggars and leeches that throw offensive comments at them for not doing something on their own free time? They loose interest and their resolve is tarnished.

So you see, even though I got the intention of your post, I felt it necessary to respond in order to reinforce to the devs that we are all not a bunch of whiners who make passive-aggressive comments about them not doing something (in which there was an obvious answer as to why).

If you really wanted to get an answer, you could've just as easily posted a topic in general discussion saying:

"Hey guys, I was just wondering if the top 10, Q & A sessions and etc. were going to come back now that clustering is now complete enough to put features in?"

It doesn't ask "why they hell aren't you doing the top 10, wtf guys?!!?" It gets the same point across, without unnecessarily offending people. This is not about being milktoast, it is about basic manners and cordiality. Maybe if you thought from their perspective sometimes it would give you better insight into what your comments look like when they read them.

I am fairly surprised that they actually put up with this sh-t as much as they do, well Ultyma doesn't at all, but now I see why.

All I know is I would have told you to f--- yourself for that comment if I was in there shoes.

Oh and go do me a favor, go take an AQ test.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:15 PM

who are you? I asked a question as to why updates werent happening, and I got a bunch of 15 year olds saying the same garbage over and over.

I actually have respect for the mods and devs because they are actually respond rationally and they respond in regards to what the topic is, not just a bunch of random **** about being patient.

I have been a part of this community for as long as anyone here, if not longer. I simply do not care if I sound like an ass to you, I really could care less, people who know me, know me. I dont care what you think or the other people here trying to defend nobody asking about updates. If I offended you then too bad.

As i stated before, me coming off like an ass is subjective, pretty sure Oru was responding to the 2nd post I made when I was aruging with the offended kid who responded to my first post, Ive talked to the devs and mods on here numerous times and been here for a long time, If I sound like an ass when I ask "whats going on with updates" then so, so, sorry for stepping on your toes. Don't get so offended by something that doesnt even regard you.

Maybe it is easy to realize whats going on, for people who log on the TC, dig through numerous threads everyday and hang out on IRC, you do however realize that 99% of the people that follow this project only look on the main page for updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrej View Post

All I know is I would have told you to f--- yourself for that comment if I was in there shoes.

well hey, thats awesome, but you arent them, if I was them I would probably ban anyone under 20 years old...but again, nobody cares because I nor you are devs. and you clearly don't understand the situation and circumstances in which it was asked in. But yea you got me spot on dude, im a begger and a leecher and I constantly throw around offensive comments to the devs....

Last edited by IG-EightyEight; 10-05-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Closed Thread