SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 03:58 PM

Before I continue I will say by no means do I represent ANH or my server community. I am here to represent my beleifs and my goal of progress.

ALSO

I am a horrible typist and as such I want to be taken as seriously as a good typist. I also want no comments on my horrible grammar.

players in my community are quitting due to this stupid war. the thing is, these are good people. I can't let this continue. I want to broker a deal between the two of you. The players will loose if we can't get this done.

I am a tester of ANH's closed server. so I feel I can understand ANH's veiws to a degree where my goal can be achived. however I do not know enough on SWG emu so I feel that emu should take my reccomendations into consideration for now. I must also understand SWGwmu's needs. I am alos wrinting down problems I see in the both of you.

Your teams need to compromise. you can't seem to do that, so without further ado, here we go

Problem #1: ANH's devs feel that their 2 years of work will be watsed with a meger

Solution: Use ANH's code and coding methods. Your way of randomly adding in features has no rhyme or reason. Although it works, it seems to be on the inefficent side.

Problem #2: People on SWGEMU's community/team anger ANH supporters.

Solution: get a better moderating staff and ban overly agressive people. or simply throw out the forum alltogether.

Problem #3: ANH is way too freaking tight lipped.

Solution: SWGEMU's current way of PR will continue. On the site PR is SWGEMU's biggest strength. SWG EMU's communtiy forum also allows players to know what is going on. it may cause problems (overly angry immature posterss that tarnish the coder's image) so that will need to be figured out as well.

I want this to happen. this is too good. you guys need to compromise not end up like the UN.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Services Manager

Quote:
Problem #2: People on SWGEMU's community/team anger ANH supporters.

Solution: get a better moderating staff and ban overly agressive people. or simply throw out the forum alltogether.
I believe the moderating staff is doing a wonderful job as it is; with all the new moderators, things have been very quiet on the forums.
As for the bannings, this is precisely what we wish to avoid. We've been trying to keep the number of bannings down, as they have a tenancy to cause outcry among the community. I'd rather not have ban-happy mods, and I'm sure most everyone agrees with me.
And, banning people really isn't necessary. The community has recently become exponentially more helpful and friendly than before. The only exception is on the IRC; that place is always a hive of scum and villainy.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeader View Post
I believe the moderating staff is doing a wonderful job as it is; with all the new moderators, things have been very quiet on the forums.
As for the bannings, this is precisely what we wish to avoid. We've been trying to keep the number of bannings down, as they have a tenancy to cause outcry among the community. I'd rather not have ban-happy mods, and I'm sure most everyone agrees with me.
And, banning people really isn't necessary. The community has recently become exponentially more helpful and friendly than before. The only exception is on the IRC; that place is always a hive of scum and villainy.
Rename #swgemu to #moseisley

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Old 06-13-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentkaa View Post
No, no, no... you can't do that. Phantom only said #SWGEMU IRC was a HIVE of scum and villainy, not a WRETCHED hive of scum and villainy.

PROFESSION REPRESENTIVE
Knowledge Base: Scout, Bounty Hunter, Creature Handler

Bria (retired January 2006): Iakimo Wioga, Brannix Bayne, Jantszyn Tyridius
TC3: Braxxis Bayne, Bounty Hunter Dude ~ Hakimo, Wookiee Creature Handler-in-waiting

Old 06-13-2008, 09:32 PM

well I still believe it should be taken into acount that the SWGEmu team extended a olive branch... also ppl should know that im really hungry and bored.. so i have resorted to writting here in hopes i will be fed soon.
but most importantly I feel a change in the force... the Emu shall soon be done!

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and say the opposite.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentkaa View Post
Best idea ever.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iakimo View Post
No, no, no... you can't do that. Phantom only said #SWGEMU IRC was a HIVE of scum and villainy, not a WRETCHED hive of scum and villainy.
LOL. Well that is a matter of opinion and what you define wretched as. There have been a few conversation in that room that could be classified as wretched attempts at looking cool, be cool or act cool.

IMO, those conversations are often rank lower on the scale of FAIL than any posting on the forums.

Game MasterFONT=Arial]

[/FONT] SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

[19:31] <+stevedeath> I am currently being held hostage by an invisible force. He wants one million in US currency, and a plane to Havana. He calls himself: The Box.
<serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa><s erpentkaa><serpentkaa><serpentkaa> </serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa></serpentkaa>
Closed Thread