SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
If people leave, that is their loss.
Before I "complain" I'd like to say THANK YOU to all the devs for your hard work and allowing me to play a game that I missed since NGE.

With that said and with all due respect, do you work for SOE? I ask this because SOE had a penchant to ignore the community. It appears that some of the staff here have fallen into that same trend.

It's not about having an Exploitation team or change in policy; it's about the questionable character of a member on said team.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
If people leave, that is their loss. Recruiting people that can hack our systems is logical and necessary. And yes, this is an open invitation to anyone who wants to try and exploit / hack / crack / dupe / etc. If you can do any of these things, we have a place for you on the Exploitation Team. If you don't report it to the team, we will ban you forever, and delete your characters. Simple, easy, and for the good of the final product. This is a TC, and we need to find the exploits, can any of you complaining make a list of exploits? If the answer is yes, come join the team, if the answer is no, then realize that it's just a TC, and we want the final product to be as exploit proof as possible, and for that we need to hire the best exploiters. Ponder the logic before complaining further.
/Agree 100%, plus an invitation to hack seems fun, if I find any I will report without delay!
Old 10-20-2009, 03:00 AM

Quote:
If people leave, that is their loss. Recruiting people that can hack our systems is logical and necessary. And yes, this is an open invitation to anyone who wants to try and exploit / hack / crack / dupe / etc. If you can do any of these things, we have a place for you on the Exploitation Team. If you don't report it to the team, we will ban you forever, and delete your characters. Simple, easy, and for the good of the final product. This is a TC, and we need to find the exploits, can any of you complaining make a list of exploits? If the answer is yes, come join the team, if the answer is no, then realize that it's just a TC, and we want the final product to be as exploit proof as possible, and for that we need to hire the best exploiters. Ponder the logic before complaining further.
I think an anti-exploit team is a great idea, for the future

but I think you have lost the logic behind letting known cheaters back into the game well after the fact that they exploited with intent to defraud the system

It would be one thing if they where reporting it at the time, but thats not case hence multiple bans and a change in policy in the 1st place..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oru View Post
I think there has been some miss-communication. We are definitely listening to the community and that is why we were very serious about the zero-tolerancy towards the exploiters. After we made the decision, we have realized that this will hinder the project while we are in development. That being said we lighten the policy up so we give a second chance for them so they can help fill in these holes. However this does not mean they can cheat, grief or exploit anymore! These things will go privately and not on the public test center. In case they are caught again, we say goodbye to them for good.

I hope this will help understand why we have come to this decision. Besides our will to step up against hackers, this will benefit everyone in the long run.
thats great for future hackers who report exploits, but going back and letting ones who defrauded the system at the time with no intent of reporting back into the game it is unwarranted

there is only one kind of cheater, yet there are many kinds of testers who report things

please stop putting the two in the same boat otherwise all it does is appear that the good ole boy system is well in affect and some are above the rules

I have one word for all of this,

integrity

yet all i am seeing is a bunch of Smedley'isms
Old 10-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Banned

Goes to show with swgemu, as always..if your friends with the team, you'll get places. Even if you're in the wrong..Good going staff, 1 step forward, 5 steps back.

The community should take it into their own hands, anyone who was a part of the speedhacking to jedi, and anyone who continues to do so, should be hunted, killed, grieved, and overall their time on swgemu should be made hell.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:58 AM

Do you have a different server to test exploits on like sql injection that might damage or crash it.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:59 AM
President
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hozsnoop View Post
Do you have a different server to test exploits on like sql injection that might damage or crash it.
Of course we do.

Kyle (previously mustangcoupe69)
Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide
Old 10-19-2009, 01:02 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Is this Exploitation Team, Official staff position inside the QA? or more like the Support "helpers", unofficial volunteer position.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 AM
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijom View Post
Is this Exploitation Team, Official staff position inside the QA? or more like the Support "helpers", unofficial volunteer position.
It is more like an unofficial volunteer position.

Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide
Old 10-19-2009, 01:59 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
It is more like an unofficial volunteer position.
Thanks for confirming that Kyle.

I hope the select few will be worth the trust and their word.
There is alot of good the team can come up with for future and for SC. And since it's not Official staff position they don't get of the staff privileges and are closely monitored by staff.

I think you all should calm down bit and just see how it goes before making any conclusions.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 AM

What kind of setup do you have for ip spoofing / SQL injection really? So if i get kyles ip address and spoof just my packets to the server. And then i use the @commands i could use them right? Or do you have a different client setup yet? That means i could use any GM online to spawn npcs and get things off of right? And also if i do this do i have direct access to the database from the chat/command line to start sql injection and create npcs / edit drop/loot tables on a active database. I mean i could cover my trails by putting it back the way it was. I would think that would cause a dead lock or even a crash if done on a active database. I'm really wondering what kind of protection you guys have. I would love to access that test database/server.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Lead Moderator
Community Team

/emote grabs popcorn and intently watches

let whatever happens, happen.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leodextrin View Post
/emote grabs popcorn and intently watches

let whatever happens, happen.

*pulls up a chair and starts pinching the popcorn whilst watching collective panties getting in a bunch*
Soon: Copyright 2003-2009 SWGEmu. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between SWGEmu and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, SWGEmu does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as SWGEmu will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
Old 10-19-2009, 01:44 AM

It's still one thing to accidentally find an exploit, and go "Oh, this is wrong, let's report it." and never use it again... Then to do what Ashur and his crew did, and abuse it, grief others, and continuously take advantage of it even after reporting... I can understand letting people who come across these help, but there has to be some kind of line to where you've gone overboard on abusing what you shouldn't...

Odissa: Master Image Designer/Master Tailor

Arihanna: Master Rifleman/Master Combat Medic

Blutsaugerin: Master Doctor

Making gamers out of moms since 1996'

http://www.alloutassault.net
Old 10-19-2009, 01:57 AM
President

Quote:
Originally Posted by GestorterEngel View Post
It's still one thing to accidentally find an exploit, and go "Oh, this is wrong, let's report it." and never use it again... Then to do what Ashur and his crew did, and abuse it, grief others, and continuously take advantage of it even after reporting... I can understand letting people who come across these help, but there has to be some kind of line to where you've gone overboard on abusing what you shouldn't...
Hence the unequivocal and absolute change to the policy. Clarification so we can remove people that abuse it permanently in accordance to the policies.

Client Setup Guide
Old 10-19-2009, 02:01 AM

who cares who has jedi or who has what leet items or a plethora of badges. its a test center, its all going to be wiped many times over.