SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Developer Chat Logs

Notices

Developer Chat Logs Once a month, on the second Saturday, at 7PM EST, we will hold an open Developer discussion on IRC. The logs from these chats will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:36 AM

Reporting isn't necessary, EVERYONE knows how crap it is, even the devs (hence why they're fixing it). Just wish they'd remove it so we could roam around in peace before the fixed version was added.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:36 AM

As for your arguement, I was told the anti-hack was only added because the community whined about speed-hackers, not because the devs themselves really cared.

And there is the big point in the disscussion if you want to call it that the masses cried stop the speed hackers and the dev's did as the masses wanted.

I for one dont find it unplayable but that is me yes sometimes it is annoying to get slingshot 100m one way then 100m another.Though i have found a simple solution to your problem if you find it that bad stop playing.

Take a break come back when the server is live and the bugs glitches and hopefully the exploits are gone.If that isnt good enough for you then i have no idea what to tell you.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
And even so, the facts are the facts, rubberbanding inhibits testing, it slows down our testing capabilities if it doubles the time necessary to move places.
You're facts are anecdotal and hearsay. I hardly ever rubberband, your internet just sucks.

It doesn't take double the time to do things, again, numbers and stats pulled from thin air.

BTW whining != campaigning. If you have to google '!=' then you can never say another word about anything code based and what is good or not.

EDIT:

Ha google won't even tell you

Quote:
As for your arguement, I was told the anti-hack was only added because the community whined about speed-hackers, not because the devs themselves really cared.

And there is the big point in the disscussion if you want to call it that the masses cried stop the speed hackers and the dev's did as the masses wanted.

I for one dont find it unplayable but that is me yes sometimes it is annoying to get slingshot 100m one way then 100m another.Though i have found a simple solution to your problem if you find it that bad stop playing.

Take a break come back when the server is live and the bugs glitches and hopefully the exploits are gone.If that isnt good enough for you then i have no idea what to tell you.
Make sure you read that twice, colt.

Last edited by Lobreeze; 10-27-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:50 AM

Why should I leave and wait for months, maybe even years until the emu is finished just because of some broken piece of code that could easily be removed? That's retarded.

And Breeze, the community may have asked for an anti-hack, they didn't ask for a BROKEN anti-hack that effected everyone. Again, no ones saying there shouldn't be an anti-hack, we're saying remove the broken one until it's fixed.

P.S. Whining isn't the same as campaigning, but I'm not whining ;D
Old 10-27-2009, 12:52 AM

Yes. You are whining.

You should leave and come back because you are so clearly distraught over this. Its been said the anti speedhack isn't going anywhere.

Best get used to it, you really aren't helping your case rageposting about it.

And please stop speaking like the whole community has appointed you Anti Speedhack Czar. You speak for yourself, nothing more.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
Yes. You are whining.

You should leave and come back because you are so clearly distraught over this. Its been said the anti speedhack isn't going anywhere.

Best get used to it, you really aren't helping your case rageposting about it.
The anti-speedhack SHOULDN'T go anywhere, the BROKEN one should
Old 10-27-2009, 12:55 AM

It will once its ready. As has been said multiple times. Deal with it just like everyone else. Time to put the big boy pants on and start acting like a grown up.

Now stop already with the

If other people can deal with it so can you. Seriously.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:00 AM

Again, as I said recently, I'll even put it in a format you may enjoy. Tolerance != Acceptance. Just because myself and everyone else tolerates it and continues to play does NOT mean it should stay. It serves zero purpose, and only pisses people off. Even if we're tolerating it, and will continue to tolerate it (because we enjoy the game as a whole, and one bull****, broken feature wont drive us away) doesn't mean the devs should just let us suffer until the fix is ready. ESPECIALLY when we have no idea when it'll be fixed. Rubberbanding has been like this for two weeks, how much longer? Another two weeks? A month? Longer? Just remove it so we can actually play without getting frustrated every few minutes, not like any harm can be done in it's absence.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:03 AM

So come back when its fixed. Again, its been said multiple times its not going to get turned off.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? You keep repeating yourself with the same weak arguments.

There are really only two options:

1) Suck it up
2) Dont log in

Someone else will gladly take your spot and enjoy it too! Cursing in posts is childish as well, we're not in the schoolyard here at lunchtime.... lols. You really know how to make people not take you seriously.

Last edited by Lobreeze; 10-27-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-556 View Post
Again, as I said recently, I'll even put it in a format you may enjoy. Tolerance != Acceptance. Just because myself and everyone else tolerates it and continues to play does NOT mean it should stay. It serves zero purpose, and only pisses people off. Even if we're tolerating it, and will continue to tolerate it (because we enjoy the game as a whole, and one bull****, broken feature wont drive us away) doesn't mean the devs should just let us suffer until the fix is ready. ESPECIALLY when we have no idea when it'll be fixed. Rubberbanding has been like this for two weeks, how much longer? Another two weeks? A month? Longer? Just remove it so we can actually play without getting frustrated every few minutes, not like any harm can be done in it's absence.
It'd probably be a good idea for you to read what others have been saying. And if it isn't making any sense, read it again. And again, until you actually decide to comprehend, instead of just copy/pasting the same words over and over again.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
It'd probably be a good idea for you to read what others have been saying. And if it isn't making any sense, read it again. And again, until you actually decide to comprehend, instead of just copy/pasting the same words over and over again.
Considering the ONLY people I see opposing me on this are you and Breeze... yeah....

And Breeze, again, I wont quit the game because of an easily fixed broken feature, sorry but getting rid of me isn't that easy.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-556 View Post
Considering the ONLY people I see opposing me on this are you and Breeze... yeah....
And this is relevant because...?

According to your statistical arguments, we must be right, considering that it's 2 against 1.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:08 AM

Reading is tuff Labyrinth

Regurgitating is not.

Quote:
According to your statistical arguments, we must be right, considering that it's 2 against 1.
Statistics man!!!

Bad arguments are bad. I think Colt has done enough self defamation here for this to be moot.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:12 AM

Except, using statistics I could count around a dozen people in this thread all agreeing with me, against you two. So 6 to 1 odds, statistics
Old 10-27-2009, 01:13 AM

is becoming we need something new.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: