SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 12:16 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

I think i need a macro for this...
Quote:
name: MultipleInstances

/QuickReply
/type: "It goes: One person-->One account-->As many characters created As you like--> Two characters logged at the same time."
/PostQuickReply
/Pause 86400
/macro MultipleInstances

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-11-2010, 07:11 AM

Location: Las Vegas, NV or HELLHOLE USA as i call it. Originally from Washington state.
I've been playin but finally got hubby to play also

Hi, MiniMe here.... I am announcing that my husband and I have 2 computers and are using different usernames but the same password. Will this be considered a dual account even tho we both play on seperate computers using a router?

He just made his account as Jiralrarra (wookie sound) and my name is Leelahfwen Flangermungle or Leelahfwek Flangermugel.

Please let me know if this is a non-issue as someone in game told me they were banned until they wrote to you stating they had a roommate who also played.

Thanks,

MiniMe

PS you guys are sooooo awesome and the game is stupendously delicious!
Old 04-11-2010, 07:39 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Since you were able to create two different accounts and none of them was banned, there is no issue, or need for any kind of intervention from mods.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves.

SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-11-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Since you were able to create two different accounts and none of them was banned, there is no issue, or need for any kind of intervention from mods.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves.
Unfortunately, I discovered yesterday that this was an issue for my boyfriend, when he make his own account on his own computer on the local network we have in the house. Waiting to hear back on this and in the meantime he's made a character on my account.

Above poster might want to send them an email preemptively.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Retired Game Master

Preemptive e-mails will not help and will only clog up the inbox. Please only send an e-mail if an account is banned.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:43 PM

Thus spake the GM. Fair enough, Thanks.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:36 AM

My husband, son and I share 2 accounts. Is that ok?
Old 04-17-2010, 08:49 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Hmmm, well people using two accounts are all family members, but there is an issue of account sharing. So even though i don't think this is really an issue, as long as you all have your own toons, maybe you should consult a Mod just in case.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:00 AM

No we don't share toons we all made that very clear to each other. We have gamed together in other games and very specific rules about logging in each others toons.

The problem arose when we all tried to make seperate accounts they banned my husbands and sons accounts immediately. My account went through so I told my son he could make a toon on mine since he never played the original SWG. My husband sent several emails and received no response. While registering it said that my primary email was already in use. Which was odd I didn't remember registering for an account but I must have ages ago. I tried to have a password reminder sent but that didn't work. So I figured it was a bug and made the new account. Later, when the server was restarting, I did a search on a couple of character names I use frequently and there she was. It took me a few tries to get the password but I finally got it. When the hubs didn't get a response to the last email I told him to just make a toon on that account.

So now all 3 of us can hunt together. I was reading somewhere on these boards that having the same router will prevent accounts for additional family members? I don't know that much about networks or that stuff.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:06 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Yea, accounts with the same IP address get banned (last one created), but send an email to community@swgemu.com if and when it get banned and a mod will fix that in a few days.

Like i said, lets wait for a member of the STAFF to see this.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
Preemptive e-mails will not help and will only clog up the inbox. Please only send an e-mail if an account is banned.
Thanks for that info. I had a friend send a preemptive e-mail and she never heard back. Now that her husband has finally taken interest in getting back on board he hogs up both slots most of the time. Will tell her to go ignore the torpedoes and go full speed ahead.

If you want to know how to access the test server read the setup guide. Or just download Launchpad Enhanced and let it do the work for you if you already have SWG installed.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Tier 2 Support & GM Supervisor
Community Team

Preemptive emails don't really help since we can't do anything till the account is created. Just email community@swgemu.com and include the account names in question, and an explaination, and things should get sorted out.

Ellyssia
SWGEmu Tier 2 Support Staff |SWGEmu GM Supervisor
contact me: Ellyssia@swgemu.com Support: Support@swgemu.com
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyssia View Post
Preemptive emails don't really help since we can't do anything till the account is created. Just email community@swgemu.com and include the account names in question, and an explaination, and things should get sorted out.

My husband sent an email after he created his account and then one 3 days later and hasn't heard anything.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmek View Post
UNDERSTOOD Phantom!

Nice signature ;D.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: