SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 03:20 PM

Great! Thanks Ulty, I was wating long for this.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malitixus View Post
That technology has yet be implemented into Core 3.
We can only give cookies as an Imperial faction perk
Sorry I was unaware. Perhaps that can be the first thing I'll submit to be added to the game .
Old 11-22-2007, 04:22 PM

This. Is. Great. News.

Really!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:57 PM

opening up to check out the coding skills of those who have found the emu since the last time is a good idea. Even if this adds just one or two people to the team, it will be a big psychological impact for the members of the community that need to see new things in TC in order to perceive that progress is being made.

And imo, I don't think that the interest is dwindling. I have people to contact who are not going to be interested until there is a lot more to do on TC. I also know others who are just keeping an occasional eye on the forums, or asking about progress. I regularly troll the forums myself to check the status and look for old friends. I also logon to TC some to check things out. And there are others that are more involved than me. That last group is the one that is perceived as the community interest. But all of the people I've mentioned represent the real interest in the emu. Many of us just don't post much in the forums after a year or two of being in the community.

If you want to know how to access the test server read the setup guide. Or just download Launchpad Enhanced and let it do the work for you if you already have SWG installed.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:35 PM

thanks a lot guys

I only wish that i knew how to code and stuff =/ im gona start learnin soon, in theory
Old 11-23-2007, 01:03 AM

Learning to cuss with c++ ... okay, that was lame...

If I knew anything about programming I'd help, but I don't. Maybe someone knows about a God-awesome tutorial that would help the community become closer together by allowing more people to help in the EMU's development? It worked wonders for Mount & Blade.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:13 AM

The hype isn't dwindling. There are still plenty of people who stick around, but pretty much everything that can be said has been said. Going open source and new updates will certainly spark new interest in the program, though.

Great job!
Pace' Ekif- Krayt Killer
Old 11-23-2007, 04:55 AM

that's good news
Old 11-23-2007, 06:31 AM

Awesome
Old 11-23-2007, 08:38 AM

I'll put so much work in this!
Old 11-23-2007, 09:09 AM

SWG is dying, no news here. The longer it takes to release the actual playable free version, either SWGemu or SWGANH or SWGPrecu, the smaller will be the audience. After release, freeloaders might help it, but there are a lot of good MMOS in development now, so i wudn't count on it.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:06 AM

Best of luck SWGEmu Dev's. Your work is appreciated more then most of you know.

Good move!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:51 PM

heh. It's like the final burst before the finish line :P

Open it up and the remaining crap should be finished by that time, ah that is so sweet =)

Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebanutik View Post
SWG is dying, no news here. The longer it takes to release the actual playable free version, either SWGemu or SWGANH or SWGPrecu, the smaller will be the audience. After release, freeloaders might help it, but there are a lot of good MMOS in development now, so i wudn't count on it.
There is always that factor. The more improved MMO's and such. Ironically all the newer ones are either a knock off of World of Warcraft or.. NGE SWG. Seriously take a look at Tabula Rasa, seem familiar? Whatever these MMO's are making, it's nothing new. I think you totally underestimate the originality and thought process behind SWG, it's kinda ironic that those who thrived during SWG Pre-CU's time, also end up with huge fleet ships in EVE. I personally don't care who joins in on the fun, the amount of users the emu brings is the population of the intelligent ones really.

It wouldn't be to my surprise that the whole fan-club will come pouring back once the word gets out that A emulator is completed or at least so close to completion that open source is available.. we'll just have to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
There is no enough room in this thread for my ego!
We know man. Yes I <3 you that much Nedak!

Last edited by Xiox; 11-23-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
heh. It's like the final burst before the finish line :P

Open it up and the remaining crap should be finished by that time, ah that is so sweet =)

Can't wait!

There is always that factor. The more improved MMO's and such. Ironically all the newer ones are either a knock off of World of Warcraft or.. NGE SWG. Seriously take a look at Tabula Rasa, seem familiar? Whatever these MMO's are making, it's nothing new. I think you totally underestimate the originality and thought process behind SWG, it's kinda ironic that those who thrived during SWG Pre-CU's time, also end up with huge fleet ships in EVE. I personally don't care who joins in on the fun, the amount of users the emu brings is the population of the intelligent ones really.

It wouldn't be to my surprise that the whole fan-club will come pouring back once the word gets out that A emulator is completed or at least so close to completion that open source is available.. we'll just have to see.
hey your that guy on Modsource making those new mods heh. Keep it ub.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:44 PM

Thank you for all of your hardwork guys, we really appreciate it!!!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: