SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Developer Chat Logs

Notices

Developer Chat Logs Once a month, on the second Saturday, at 7PM EST, we will hold an open Developer discussion on IRC. The logs from these chats will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
Reading is tuff Labyrinth

Regurgitating is not.

Statistics man!!!

Bad arguments are bad. I think Colt has done enough self defamation here for this to be moot.
Sad, but true.

I really wish I could say obvious troll is obvious, but alas, I think he's serious and has been the whole time.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-556 View Post
Except, using statistics I could count around a dozen people in this thread all agreeing with me, against you two. So 6 to 1 odds, statistics
Here an idea, go start another thread about this. Even better, make it a poll! Its funny/sad because this seems like its the most attention anyone has ever paid attention to him in his whole life. I for one am done. Now if only I had a colt IRL I could shoot myself for participating in this nonsense. We should have all stopped when we busted him lying. Or "mistyping" w/e he wants to call it.

Last edited by Lobreeze; 10-27-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostwain View Post
is becoming we need something new.
How bout this?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Q9489HJjO7...dead-horse.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfCYzJAgwrw
Old 10-27-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostwain View Post
is becoming we need something new.
Well if it didn't take two weeks or longer for something to be done......... I mean seriously, it doesn't take two weeks to come up with a fix, regardless of what it is. They coulda outrighted removed the code in a couple days, or ATLEAST come up with a temp-fix until they fixed it outright. Like I've been saying, there's just no excuse to put up broken code and forget about it :/
Old 10-27-2009, 01:21 AM

Man you are such a spoiled little bratt. Unbelievable... Kids these days. Such a misplaced sense of entitlement. I feel sorry for the CSR that have to deal with this on a daily basis.

Last edited by Lobreeze; 10-27-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobreeze View Post
Man you are such a spoiled little bratt. Unbelievable......
Not spoiled, seriously why are you SO against removing a feature that doesn't help anything, and only hurts everything? I'm starting to wonder if you're not simply bored and looking for someone to argue with. Because I honestly can't see how you can defend it, even if YOU don't suffer from it, hundreds of others do. How do you defend a feature that does nothing but work against the community AND the devs?
Old 10-27-2009, 01:25 AM

You're the one freaking out about it, not me. Stop trolling and go for a walk or something. You need to chill out. You're downright mean in 90% of your posts (statistics man!) not even sarcastic just rude and angry. You maybe need to get less... excited... about all of this. It has gone past the point of debating into /facroll <post reply>

You're just repeating yourself now, reasons have been stated on why its staying. You may not agree, but those are the facts that you are so fond of stating. If you dont want to read them, fine. But stop repeating yourself just for arguments stake. There are better ways to spend your time then screaming about something you don't like while generalizing and practically appointing yourself community speaker.

Last edited by Lobreeze; 10-27-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:16 AM

Ok first off I don't know all of what has been said on this matter, but I do see how I am affected by this. I am not upset with the Devs for the rubber banding and actually agree that it is a better alternative. I just wish that it didn't affect me as much as it does right now. I have a pretty slow internet connection and when ever I play I get rubber banded a lot due to lag. I just wish some people hadn't decided to cheat to get ahead, so that this wasn't needed.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:28 AM

Actually, Breeze, the ONLY reason I've seen as to why the rubberbanding should be kept is...... um... hmmm..... Actually I haven't seen a reason given. I only ever see "it's staying", never WHY someone would decide on keeping a broken anti-hack on a server that's gonna be wiped.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-556 View Post
Actually, Breeze, the ONLY reason I've seen as to why the rubberbanding should be kept is...... um... hmmm..... Actually I haven't seen a reason given. I only ever see "it's staying", never WHY someone would decide on keeping a broken anti-hack on a server that's gonna be wiped.
The reason the "anti hack program" is left in is to stop script kiddies from "speed hacking". "The community" wanted a fix for "speed hacking" and we all got it.

Although I think it needs to be part of the emulator, like BH droids, CH profession, JTL, housing / harvesters, etc..., imo it should be fixed before being permanently implemented.

Am I able to test with rubberbanding in TC? Sure I am, but it would be less frustrating to test if it weren't implemented until fixed.

The bottom line is this, if the devs want to implement something, it gets implemented, and vice versa. It doesn't make it right, it makes this alpha project testing center their own, not the property of the community. As much as I wish we all could have a say, they've made it known that our say (the community) can have consequences, such as broken "fixes" to apply as duct tape to shut up other subjects of "whining"... so be careful what you ask for.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:12 AM

I wonder if the formula used is as simple as
Distance=Squareroot((end_X - start_X)^2+(end_Y - start_Y)^2)

And Distance then is compared to distances you should be able to travel normally or with some effect active (like forcerun).
In that case wouldn't it be possible to allow for a slightly larger distance than normally to compensate for lag?
I know it would allow for a minimal amount of speedhacking, but it would also be more forgiving to all of us, wouldn't it?

(Disclaimer: I am not a programmer so I really don't know what I'm talking about )
Old 10-27-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
The reason the "anti hack program" is left in is to stop script kiddies from "speed hacking". "The community" wanted a fix for "speed hacking" and we all got it.

Although I think it needs to be part of the emulator, like BH droids, CH profession, JTL, housing / harvesters, etc..., imo it should be fixed before being permanently implemented.

Am I able to test with rubberbanding in TC? Sure I am, but it would be less frustrating to test if it weren't implemented until fixed.

The bottom line is this, if the devs want to implement something, it gets implemented, and vice versa. It doesn't make it right, it makes this alpha project testing center their own, not the property of the community. As much as I wish we all could have a say, they've made it known that our say (the community) can have consequences, such as broken "fixes" to apply as duct tape to shut up other subjects of "whining"... so be careful what you ask for.
Eh, keeping hackers from hacking in an alpha version that's on a test server that's going to be wiped really isn't a reason to keep a broken anti-hack, that effects EVERYONE, on the server.

And I know the devs are primarily doing this to spite us, teaching us a lesson "be careful what you wish for". But even so, we've learned, or some of have. And hell, some of us weren't even around when that nonsense went down, why must the new people have to suffer for the mistakes made by others? All in all, after two weeks of dealing with a retarded broken anti-hack, I think it's time to remove it.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:45 PM

Damn it people....

hackers =/= scriptkiddies

BIG difference

The Truth, is limitless in its range
if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse it could Hurt
Old 10-27-2009, 04:46 PM

Devs/Admins do what's best for development... you may disagree with their decision, but I assure you it has nothing to do with spite - or your needs/wants tbh.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer View Post
Devs/Admins do what's best for development... you may disagree with their decision, but I assure you it has nothing to do with spite - or your needs/wants tbh.
Oh, most of the time that's true. But explain to me how slowing down EVERYTHING (because if people move slow, it takes them longer to do things, which makes it slower to test), all for the sake of preventing people from hacking to get ahead, in a server that's gonna be wiped, helps development. Please, explain how that works.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: