SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 03:40 PM

Um....It amazes me how people can compare the Florida recount to a game poll. Get some perspective here!

Maybe if people hadn't made new accounts at the last minute to cheat on the poll, we would have had the wipe. Ironically, they even came on the thread to brag about it. I don't blame the developers at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlonB View Post
At least show us all how to dupe then .. so we are on even playing field
Yeah show me how and I will do it from now till the OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengu-fet View Post
That's ****ing hilarious.

The Truth, is limitless in its range
if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse it could Hurt

So is duping sanctioned then? If we all dupe then we will all be on an even playing field... no?

Star Wars Random Name Generator
Old 04-27-2010, 03:41 PM

First, I accept what the Devs are doing, like most of you I appreciate the commitment and effort to the entire emu and will continue to support it. I suspect that all the issues of a wipe were not thuroughly thought out, for example the possibilty of mutiple blue frogged masters on every account.

Secondly, I am less concerned about a wipe than I am about what lessons are learned from this. There are always going to be strong emotions and reactions to big changes and I think that votes and opinions are worth what you pay for them, nothing.

That said I heartily agree with taking input from the community and seriously considering it with all other factors. God knows that was SOE's major downfall.

I suggest that the Devs think about establishing a set of guiding principles that will dictate what actions are taken in the future. I think one all aready exists, "maintain true to pre cu". What I am suggesting however is something like, "always maintain the integrity of the game i.e. cheaters pay", whatever it takes. Another might be always maintain a level playing field. I seriously think that the community will tolerate and support almost any action if it is fair. I am not naive fairness can be in the eyes of the beholder but if the question is "is this action fair to the community and respectful to the rights of the individual"? I will respect their decisions.

What all this means is that the Devs MUST ALWAYS make decisions that are fair, transpararnt and are SEEN as fair.
I have been in rl business a long time and appearances cause much more agony than most people ever realize.

Thanks for the game, it is great fun even though I am a poor, jediless, grunt.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:41 PM

Well all I can say is maybe they will learn something by turning their back to the "majority". If the "majority" voted yes... lets hope the majority aren't the ones that are donating and funding this project, if they are lets hope they make a statement by putting their foot down in this final decision. As monthly the devs receive enough to fund this project + a nice little supplemental income. The community funds this project... the current devs volunteer their time but... the community also volunteers their time to help the devs in their endeavors. Nobody should be saying somebody does more than somebody else at this point.

Without the current devs here we would all be watching the progress at some other emu site with some other emu team.. so appreciate the devs. In that same instance without the community this entire project would just be a couple nerdy SWG fans playing SWGemu in a basement somewhere.

Any major decision will always be two sided or there would never be a choice involved. There will always be people that like and don't like choices made by other people. Its inevitable... I personally think this was a very poor decision on part of the devs one way or another. They should have taken a different approach to this and could have definately handled things differently/better.

Now I just have to say... so which of you dupers out there will show the rest of us how to do it, so we can keep up with the economy?
Ambrose Ono (Master Doc)
Crimzen Fey'la(Rifleman / Ranger)
Proud Member of OSI

Last edited by Xisien; 04-27-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:44 PM

Too bad it got so ugly. The Devs tried to give people a chance to speak out and people really ended up getting really nasty to each other. Some people really took this too personally.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentless890 View Post
they got the majority and still no wipe
Twice.

Star Wars Random Name Generator
Old 04-27-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer45 View Post
We won nothing except a screwed up economy where no one but the ones that duped credits/items can afford to buy what is needed.
Christ, I voted for the wipe, but can we drop the dramatics?

The only part of the economy that is fubared is the elite of the endgame. Jedi toys. Overpowered weapons, big SEAs (which drop like candy compared to Live), and hawlocrawns! Oh lawdy thems hawlocrawns!

And all of it still drops.

"What you need..." in this game is crafted. You don't need to be able to two-shot an eldar with your X-Peen 9000 Megarifle to do damn fine in this game. Buffs continue to get more powerful. Crafted weapons get stronger. Crafted armor gets lighter. And all of it keeps getting CHEAPER.

This was a player-based economy. What used to be a damn fine weapon is now considered crap when compared side-by-side to the obscene items are lootable. You're all just spoiled because of the uberloot tables and easy Jedi. (Which were put there AS A GIFT to the players while we play through otherwise dead development time!)
Old 04-27-2010, 03:47 PM

It's just a game people. A good one but a game none the less.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:47 PM

You don't like me? Blow me! -Dr. Dre
Old 04-27-2010, 03:48 PM

I'm really suprised in the decision, this is a big blow to their credibility for me.

I understand the position the devteam is in regarding the OR. The TC at the moment is deprecated and is here more for indirect testing - but there have been problems:

Duping is leading to a horribly imbalanced playing field. This has seriously affected the game environment for me (and the majority of players looking at the polls).

Why would you let this go on if you are dedicated to a good game environment? Why should people even bother with a lot of professions with the current issues (duping, loot)?

This could severly effect the community's perception of the devteams attitude. It is a test server granted, but it's also an outlet for the community to play the game they love until OR is ready and discover new bugs and problems (like the ones that need to be addressed).
Old 04-27-2010, 03:48 PM

Lmfao!

The Truth, is limitless in its range
if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse it could Hurt
Old 04-27-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahed View Post

Old 04-27-2010, 03:50 PM

can someone show me how to dupe so i can have uber weapons and holo's
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: