Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Test Center Director
ManagerAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by conard View Post
edit isn't working for me....but I did send an email 2 weeks ago asking if this was alright
no reply yet
Send it again please; Community@swgemu.com. As of Tuesday of this week, all outstanding emails from over the holidays were responded to.

Thanks.

Odwill
SWGEmu Test Center Director

Odwill@swgemu.com
| EmuIrc | Helpful Links
SWGEmu -e- Support Support@swgemu.com
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:26 AM

Thank you for the response I just resent it.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:08 AM

How does this work with people just temporarily at the same place? If for example I would bring my comp to a LAN party, would I have to get the username of each person on the LAN playing the SWG-Emu?
Old 01-09-2010, 12:16 PM

There really is no problem I have a daughter who wanted to play i emailed support created her account and waited for a responce the emailed me back now were are fine to both play works fine you do have to remember that the team had a holiday at xmas so its no surprise they may have had a backlog but you just need to be patient and give the staff a break.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:20 PM

So if we see someone that is obviously dual accounting, i.e. 1 guy and 3 following and all 4 are resourcing sampling always together. We should rat them out?
Old 01-10-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecar View Post
So if we see someone that is obviously dual accounting, i.e. 1 guy and 3 following and all 4 are resourcing sampling always together. We should rat them out?
Multi-instancing is fine

Old 01-10-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Yes.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
Multi-instancing is fine
OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Yes.
Which one would be the correct? xD I guess you could quickly multi-instance with a friends account to help them or something but since you arn't allowed to have more than one account doing something else multi-instancing would be off-limits, am I right?
Old 01-11-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spite View Post
OR

Which one would be the correct? xD I guess you could quickly multi-instance with a friends account to help them or something but since you arn't allowed to have more than one account doing something else multi-instancing would be off-limits, am I right?
If it's the same guy but with the same account (has to be both, no account sharing) then multi-instancing is fine. I do it with my artisan and I made sure beforehand.

Also, can we ask permission on IRC support for a second account or is it only email?

Last edited by Myke013; 01-11-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Retired Game Master

Please use the e-mail. The people that take care of these issues are not often immediately active on IRC.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
Please use the e-mail. The people that take care of these issues are not often immediately active on IRC.
How long on average does it take for a reply?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:46 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke013 View Post
How long on average does it take for a reply?
A day, two, maybe more. No ETA's here mate.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 01-12-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaj View Post
It would make sense to create a second account if you were banned from posting on the forums and wanted to start under a new name but that isn't the case. Judging by the list of newcomers, next to none of them have posted anything in the forums yet. Obviously the multiple/banned accounts need to be purged to maintain an accurate total of how many users will be playing the Emu.
This isn't always the case, look at my post count, but I've been around for ages even before this new forum and site was created, and my wife plays but never even visits the forums because she believes her time would be better spent playing the game than reading about people whining about it.

The simplest solution is to just read the Rules laid out by the Dev team and follow them, just because a handful of people are "cheating" doesn't mean that you MUST to stay competitive. The best thing is to let the Dev's deal with those folks.
TC Nova
Larken - Pistolier/Smuggler
Nerdykid - Weaponsmith
Old 01-13-2010, 11:46 AM

I'm not sure what there is to stay competitive about. The game isn't even finished, play, enjoy and try to help the developers get a finished product out that they are satisfied with. Find and report bugs and move the game along. :-)
Old 01-13-2010, 11:59 AM

I also sent an email about this, I have 3 comps at home, my wife, brother-in-law, and myself all play together, and am hoping to do so in EMU. Currently I have an account and am awaiting a reply as to the others.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: