SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:50 PM

man that pisses me off, cause i have no money.....i do want to help
Old 12-17-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segers79 View Post
man that pisses me off, cause i have no money.....i do want to help
same here man same here! >.<

to be honest if i had a job (ugh..) id be sendin 20 bux each month as a donation!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:26 PM

I'd like to make a donation I am a preCU vet who still keeps in contact with about 5 or 6 preCU vets IRL. One of my previous job duties was as fundraiser for a special university program. I'd be happy to hit up the SWG vets i know and see if they could spare 15-20 dollar each, but i have a few questions first. These questions are for the primary devs on this project, i'm not looking for feedback from anyone outside that circle.

If Jon or Jane Doe (lovers of the original SWG) were to make a cash donation by paypal, where will the money go?

What will the funds be spent on specifically? How will it be distributed? Can an increase in funding / donations, etc increase the productivity of the core development team? Are there resources that are needed that can be donated, but not in cash? What are those resource(s) if they exist? Would it be possible for a dev to outline the expenses in detail involved with the project and create a graphical representation of how much is needed for each resource, vs. what has been donated (historically) and where each resource stands in terms of project completion.

Anyhow, when i get my tax return i'll send at least 20 dollars, but i'd like to see some details on where the cash would going & have transparency / updates regarding the spending of the money. i think that would really help in any fundraising efforts.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:30 PM

i know c ++ is dificult i know this man can maintain the server , i know to more money more resource , more resource , more fast , i no reclaim or nothing i want a date for , the galaxies begin without mush thing are avalaible in pre cu , why a emu can no begin same as a original server without air ship , speedder , resource , and later update(upgrades) to put the game same a precu , i see a intention for all emulatior developer (Swg) arh precu emu , do a exact copy of pre cu in the beginning i donot why is the rush for perfect , i only one play and fun and help of course and 1 day in the month a live chat with developed , to aswer a question of all member of this comunity (the english is no my language) sorry , and sorry for the bad impresion , i only one motivation lol

Last edited by lethalzero; 12-17-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Inactive Developer

I donated $ and am working on a source code donation too
Old 12-17-2007, 08:41 PM

I shipped some money, and plan on doing so every couple weeks or so, living at home has its benefits wohoo!!! anywho its fairly obvious where the money's going hosting a server is not cheap neither is a website/irc.
<OASIS> 4 LYFE <PIT> My first love never forget!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:53 PM

I just pitched in 5 bucks.

Hey if you need someone to host your website or a server I can do that for free, so you won't have to pay for a host, just PM me.

I feel bad because a few months back I was that "A"hole who donated 1 cent.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Former Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by acompletefact View Post
What will the funds be spent on specifically? How will it be distributed?
http://swgemu.com/forums/faq.php?faq=96#faq_95

Quote:
Can an increase in funding / donations, etc increase the productivity of the core development team?
Unless it was a substantial amount so that the devs could quit their day jobs, I doubt it. However, donating does sustain the development of this project.

Quote:
Are there resources that are needed that can be donated, but not in cash? What are those resource(s) if they exist?
Not sure about that. The devs seem to be fine as far as hardware goes. If there's something else they need, they'll let the community know.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:03 AM

I've been meaning to do it, it's finally done.

For the next 10 minutes (or thereabouts) you're working for me !! Grab a beer, put yer feet up, and enjoy a break on me.

Thank you for all your hard work, and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Inactive Developer

Here, have my 2 cents.

Okay, okay. 2,000 cents. But not a penny more (until I see some crafting or structures).
Old 12-18-2007, 12:58 AM

Donated
Artisan, Droid Engineer, Architect, Armorsmith, Merchant, Chef, Medic, Doctor, Brawler, Pikeman, Teräs Käsi Artist, Creature Handler, Politician, Scout, Marksman, Bounty Hunter, Commando, Entertainer, Dancer, Musician, Image Designer, Jedi
Old 12-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Retired Game Master

Maybe you should talk to some of the servers that popped up with core 1 about giving some of the money that was donated to them to you guys. If all of them gave around 25% of their funds then you should be good for a few months at least.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:22 AM

Wish I could help, been a bad year . But if someone is willin to show me a few things, maybe I could help out in terms of coding. I don't mean the devs of course, thye have too much on their hands. But anyone that is helpin out, I am a quick learner and love gettin my hands dirty with comp stuff, if ya call it that lol.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:41 AM
Development Director
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

thank you everyone for the donations. we've reached $400. that will keep us going for a while. thanks to everyone that helped!
Old 12-18-2007, 04:26 AM
Seaseman
Administrator

Thank you all very much. Happy holidays once again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: