SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 07:43 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGG002 View Post
Kinda sucks for those who would use it for good...like I was going to use it to have one account set for crafters and one for combat characters...but I do completely understand why this rule is in place.
use 1 account to make crafters and combat characters...you can make multiple characters on the same account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myork1927 View Post
so let me get this straight...

you can run 2 instances at the same time?

IF so...why..

can you have more than one char?

and if you want a 2nd account for lets say..kids ect..

does it go by your ip or how does that work?
you can run as many clients as your computer can handle, as long as they're all from the same account. Your kids can use your account to log in and play at the same time aswell. the multiple instances are allowed merely for testing purposes, to ease things up. if there's no buffers on for my main i can log my buffer alts and keep on testing. not to speak i can spot doctor,musician and dancer bugs while i'm buffing my combat toon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendrobates View Post
I read through this whole thread and maybe I missed it but how many characters can you make per account?
i had 12-14 pre-wipe so should be enough for everybody. think Uli had around 20.

Last edited by mijom; 01-26-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:50 PM

Yeah, before the db wipe I had at least 20 toons. I had docs/ents on every planet that I used to farm on, and I had one survey toon on every planet so that i didn't have to wait on shuttles...just log and relog....viola! So you can make as many toons as you want.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:46 PM

How many characters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijom View Post
use 1 account to make crafters and combat characters...you can make multiple characters on the same account.

you can run as many clients as your computer can handle, as long as they're all from the same account. Your kids can use your account to log in and play at the same time aswell. the multiple instances are allowed merely for testing purposes, to ease things up. if there's no buffers on for my main i can log my buffer alts and keep on testing. not to speak i can spot doctor,musician and dancer bugs while i'm buffing my combat toon.

i had 12-14 pre-wipe so should be enough for everybody. think Uli had around 20.
So how many characters can you have per account?
Old 01-27-2009, 06:52 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by myork1927 View Post
So how many characters can you have per account?

20 atleast, as stated on my previous post and choppeds post...
Old 01-28-2009, 04:32 PM

I'm in the same boat as Sinner. My brother and I both created different accounts. Should one of us delete one and share one?
Old 01-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
I'm in the same boat as Sinner. My brother and I both created different accounts. Should one of us delete one and share one?
Either file a ticket on the support site or PM PhantomLeader, he should be able to work it out.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:40 PM

Thanks, will do
Old 01-30-2009, 08:11 PM

i do KNOW it is forbidden... but i still do NOT know why? am i to dense or naive to 'get it' ?
Old 01-30-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedSuey View Post
Yeah, before the db wipe I had at least 20 toons. I had docs/ents on every planet that I used to farm on, and I had one survey toon on every planet so that i didn't have to wait on shuttles...just log and relog....viola! So you can make as many toons as you want.
Don't know why I didn't think of this. Genius Though my comp fails so I gave up on trying to buff myself.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by growlzie View Post
i do KNOW it is forbidden... but i still do NOT know why? am i to dense or naive to 'get it' ?
I would assume it either has to do with them wanting to track # of individual players on test (via account login), or if you're misbehaving they only have 1 account to deal with... but yes, this is a good question which the OP should have explained. Reasons are good
Old 02-01-2009, 02:02 PM

Is it Possible , to log in from 2 Computers with one Account at the same time?

it´s because my wife would like to play too , and has no Acc. because of the Rules.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerdoll View Post
Is it Possible , to log in from 2 Computers with one Account at the same time?

it´s because my wife would like to play too , and has no Acc. because of the Rules.
PD,

Yes, it is possible. I'm not sure if there is a sub-rule about that but my son and I were using my account until his account was authorized by Phantom.
As for multiple instances, I was running two or three toons on my laptop and my son ran one on the tower. The house connection easily handles multiple active toons.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:19 AM

Just a question? What if you are behind a router and like myself and my wife both have an account.... if you are checking through IPs we will end up with same IP? What should I do so that we don;t get in trouble do to that fact.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caimbrin View Post
PD,

Yes, it is possible. I'm not sure if there is a sub-rule about that but my son and I were using my account until his account was authorized by Phantom.
As for multiple instances, I was running two or three toons on my laptop and my son ran one on the tower. The house connection easily handles multiple active toons.
Thx mate !!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:57 PM

Max, please check your PMs, as I believe my situation would qualify as an extenuating circumstance.

You see, my brother and I would both like to play, but we sometimes use the same computer and we don't want to share an account. I've messaged you with all of the relevant information.

EDIT:

Never mind -- I just realized I'm supposed to contact Phantom Leader instead, which I'll do right now...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: