SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Developer Chat Logs

Notices

Developer Chat Logs Once a month, on the second Saturday, at 7PM EST, we will hold an open Developer discussion on IRC. The logs from these chats will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostyleguy View Post
I dont know where people get this sense of entitlement to a pure vanilla preCU. Its pretty convenient to ask for all the favorable bugs (mini-suits, mission payouts, armor coloring) to be included but not the unfavorable bugs (rubber banding, broken missions(no spawn, spawn underground, spawn in the water etc), lag issues, item/credit duping).

You all want a true vanilla preCU? i really don't think you do. the Emu's core is already more optimized and efficient than SOE's. Issues like lag and rubber banding are either minimal, or promised to be fixed eventually.

If you really want a vanilla preCU, you should ask for slow servers, rubber banding, broken missions, and item duping, along with your precious armor coloring, mini-suits, and mission payouts.
Probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
Probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life.
You're right, it is dumb to want lag, broken missions, rubber banding, and generally un-optimized server code back. But.... you said it yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
No, the issue is not what kind of fix needs to be patched in. It's an issue of if it was actually in pre-cu.
Well do you want what is actually in pre-cu or not? You're picking and choosing what you consider 'pre-cu' based on whether it was convenient for you.

Thankfully enough, the developers of this emulator are extremely accommodating to the community ( <3 devs ) and will code in both versions of most bugs.

However, i hope you realize the hypocrisy of saying you think vanilla pre-cu includes bugs like armor coloring, mini-suits, and mission payouts but somehow doesn't include lag, broken missions, item duping, rubber banding etc...