SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Bi-Weekly Updates

Notices

Bi-Weekly Updates Bi-Weekly Updates are SWGEmu's cornerstone updates, posted every two weeks.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 04:09 PM

Sweet
Enlist at
http://combinesglory.guildlaunch.com...php?gid=111734

Old 07-17-2008, 04:50 PM

Fan-frikking-tastic, un-frikking-believable, and any other frikking words to describe this.

AMAZING!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiox View Post
Beautiful trails there. Atleast those look very similar to ones we see in movies

I'm almost tempted to bug Uli in helping you guys out. I'd love to learn some of the crap you guys are doing.. but I'd be pulling away from my Mod project for HL2 =( (Gotta finish the first release of that!)

----

Over-all I can't say I'm not impressed. At first I thought it was a small team just doing what we've been doing for years. Obviously I was wrong. I'm happy to see you guys experimenting on a much higher level, and it's for Pre-cu. Being involved with that's gotta be fun as hell (frustrating at times but fun hehe)

So Uli, keep your PM box monitored in the next few months.. if not sooner (HL2 Mod project is almost in its beta stage).

Keep up the good work!

--------
@ The SWGEmu Devs

---

Good god what an update. Glad to see you guys really have your head on straight. It LOOKS like everything is downhill from here (In the good sense). It seems to look like you got the main structure in place, and it looks like you just gotta clean a few things up and screw in a few more pieces for v1.0.

Maybe 2008 will be the magical year?? Who knows.. hell we know better than to put "dates" in place! But from the looks of it this year might be it!

So in advance - Congrats! and Good f***ing job

-----

As for everyone else!!!

Go f*** yourselves!! With Love lol

I have to totally agree, you guys never cease to amaze me, what they said it could never be done you guys are not just doing it, but your getting it done such a high degree of professionalism that your are actually able to look beyond now the completion of swgemu and began contemplating upgrades to the emu.

Yes I know that there are things still need to be done and fixed, but I agree with the OP its all down hill from now on.

And to make sure we don't ever simplify this, I don't think a bunch of good coders could have done this
I think swgemu for what ever the reason had the fortune of having exceptionally good Coders that were fans of swg long before the project ever started.

This update is another milestone and if you look closely enough you will see written on it that your final destination is very close now.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Missions:

I (Ramsey) completed a basic version of the mission manager. I am currently working on the _final_ two components of the manager being; state management (mission progress) and the scripting interface.

Looking ahead: I have come to the sad realization that the restoration of missions will require SWGEmu to launch yet another community project to collect data from missions that were on live pre cu. Mission titles and descriptions are saved on the client and can easily be gathered using an automated tool, the location/coordinates of NPC's and other objects involved must be retrieved by a human.

I do know that the majority of the missions presented to players on live can be replaced by ones developed within the community. So instead of attempting to restore every single mission that was on live, I am planning to commit more resources toward educating people on how to script their own missions, and do it well.

Whats to come in the near future:

Critical Pre-CU missions will be gathered in a mini project I will be starting a few months from now. The effort will eventually shift to restoring less important missions once our primary goals are attained.

I expect to have the mission manager done and out on the TC soon. Simple test missions are planned to test various aspects of the manager, and will eventually bloom into issuing more complex tasks. I do not want to commit to a date for all of this, to make room for whatever may come up. I can say that I am on track so far on the state management portion of the manager as of right now.

Like I mentioned earlier, I am planning on committing more resources towards making it easier for people to jump into scripting missions. I wan to narrate a mission building video and releasing that around the time the content gathering for critical live missions starts. The video will essentially be a developer's commentary and guided tour on the inner workings of missions and how to add them to the game.
I love reading this bi-weekly updates. You don't have to tell us anything, no other MMO says what their guys have been doing for the last couple weeks but you do - and it's truly appreciated. It's exciting and up lifting. These updates are great.

I'm excited about players making their own mission profiles. The ones in SWG was really repetitive and boring to read and if players add them, they'll be a great touch. Maybe I missed the thread or note but will you guys open a dev thread with official submissions? Then of course server admins can add their own special ones.

Ideally this could be a huge project for the community so we can write hundreds of these. The Star Wars fanbase has a huge imagination and this is just the first place we can flex it at.

Thanks for all your hard work guys.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:09 AM

mesa love'n dis upadate
(that's Jar Jar for nice job!)
Old 07-18-2008, 11:29 AM

damn I dissapear for 3 sys reboots, an you lot fire off all these updates and I aint even re-installed yet.......nice work folks
Old 07-18-2008, 11:56 AM

nvm

Last edited by SubZero; 07-18-2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: found it.. lol
Old 07-18-2008, 12:37 PM

Great job guys, keep it up!
<AArmy> Alliance Army
Old 07-18-2008, 09:23 PM

Wow BIG update! Nice work devs!

>>> Lowca Ownz <<<
Toons: Gulkia (lowca), Enderr (lowca), Bank' (bloodfin)
Swgemu video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJgOHsJA3o & Classic Swg vid
Need help connecting to the swgemu test center? Click Here
Old 07-19-2008, 12:33 PM

Very nice, looks good!

Awesome work.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:20 PM

Talking

~cracks the whip~ Move it, work faster, get it done already.............J/k Great job guys keep doing updates like this and ya'll will have it done in no time.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:19 PM

Oh hey. I got credit for doing something, if you look hard enough.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:56 PM

Hey guys, nice one! I am new here, and I just cant wait for this to be done. Are there any indications on when thats gonna happen? Thanks
Old 07-19-2008, 09:57 PM

Killed my first lair in like years today. Pretty damn cool. ID works as well.

Can't wait till server is up to start working on gathering mats to test out the crafting additions.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:00 AM

this is a question i don't really know where to ask and it may be dumb to ask regardless but why is it every time there's an update for EMU my character is deleted? or maybe its even more frequent than that it could be every time i come on but lately its only been for the new updates but im really getting into it and want the problem resolved anyone have any ideas?

thanks!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: