SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 11:40 AM

NIce article. Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-07-2008, 03:06 AM

Word
Old 12-07-2008, 11:18 AM

Very nice...hopefully closer to release 1.0 someone can get a letter into PC Gamer, that would be nice press.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:48 AM

That's cool

Kakll [Pre CU/Post CU]
Teris Kasi Master
Master Rifleman
Master Creature Handler
Master Scout

Youtube - candlesinadaze
Old 12-08-2008, 03:20 PM

I liked that article. If Sony worries about only making money, would think making some server Pre-CU would make some big bucks compared to the NGE flop, and after they see where the population is they would come back to the light side.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:38 PM

Great article, stupid arguments

I have to laugh every time I read a thread by some loser kid that says NGE is better cause he can kill Jedi with his smuggler. Why do you think Pre-CU players hate it? Cause a smuggler can solo kill a Jedi, you idiot! Do you really think Han Solo would stand a chance against Darth Maul or Boba Fett? Shut up already about it! Next thing you know they're gonna want to solo a Jedi Master with an Armorsmith. This lame BALANCED combat argument is for the birds. Jedi and BH are an ELITE class! Making it so a Spy can solo kill a Commando is 500% LAME. Walk down into the Ghetto and start talking about how you need to be able to PvP anybody and see how many Elite street fighters take your lunch. I hope these kids don't come here. Let them have the NGE and their crafter combat. Balanced combat so that smugglers can kill Jedi and BH is something I do NOT want to see. I can go back to SOE for that.

I played the NGE for almost 2 years, and I kicked a lot of but for the last year of it. There are always gonna be players with a higher skill level and there is no changing that. I don't care what the game is.....if I have a higher IQ and better reflexes, I'm gonna whip your ass, in combat and in commerce. I had one of the best Jedi on Sunrunner, and made about 8 billion creds in that 2 years. There is not a high number of people that know how to succeed in the NGE better than me, and I say Pre-CU FTW!
Yeah, the new instances and loot are cool. Yeah, the new saber hilts are cool. Yeah, the new ships are cool. There's a lot of cool stuff in there, but it aint Pre-CU baby! There is no replacing those professions. Squad Leader, Ranger, TK, Fencer, there are so many things that the NGE is missing because of that crappy NGE idea. They should have just left it alone and put in expansions. Taking out 2 dozen professions was NOT a good idea. Combat levels was NOT a good idea. The fact that you had no combat levels was one of the things I loved about it. I know people that play the NGE right now that have been there since Beta. Some of them will never leave, but some of them WILL come here, because they know what's up, and they know that Pre-CU is the only way to get it.
I have nothing but the utmost respect for those that give up spare time, money and whatever else it takes to get this done. If I knew how to write code I would be right there next to them working my ass off. All hail the EMU Devs and their staff. I can't wait to see you on TV! EMU FTW!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 09:48 PM

Thanks for sharing this wonderful article!
Old 04-11-2009, 10:42 PM

Very cool, Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:54 PM

This was my first chance seeing this thread, thx for sharrin tha link to the article!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:58 AM

Another great plug for the SWGEmu Community. Thank you for sharing it with us!
Old 05-07-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Melvin says:
expect its ran by rejects llooking for the power they cannot have in regular games

Its about 4 years away from what the real swg was at release

they are changing the game away from the orginal pre-cu

all in all when they are done, it will just feel dated and you will not be able to go there and relive the online lives of those you envy

cus thats all it is full of ,, are live server rejects who try to act like those who pawned them on live
i lol'd a little at this.

Keep up the great work devs! Can't wait till this bad boy goes live!

Avault <TFO>
Pistoleer/Smuggler Extraordinaire!

Based in Freedom, Talus on the Valcyn server

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16588 Gizmo's FRS idea
http://swgemuservers.com/precuscrapb...802/index.html Pre-9 Jedi Skills

Nirnus on Zune Social
Old 05-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Forum Moderator

Yeh I missed this the first go around, thanks for posting it and thanks for bumping it. Did anyone read the comment Melvin wrote? It kinda pissed me off.

"Melvin says:
expect its ran by rejects llooking for the power they cannot have in regular games

Its about 4 years away from what the real swg was at release

they are changing the game away from the orginal pre-cu

all in all when they are done, it will just feel dated and you will not be able to go there and relive the online lives of those you envy

cus thats all it is full of ,, are live server rejects who try to act like those who pawned them on live"
Old 05-07-2009, 03:26 PM

Necros all around ey?

Edit:

KroniK, most of the comments are horrible, just ignore the idiots.

SWGEmu... Because somewhere, somehow, Julio Torres is crapping himself.

Last edited by HoboWithABlaster; 05-07-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: