Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Retired Game Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundive View Post
I think the issue for some is that the gungan isn't on other planets and he can't instant buff. (If he is and he can, please correct me). It's only in Theed. So if I want to test the Tusken fort, I have to forget all of my skills, learn doctor, buff, unlearn doctor, relearn pistoleer, bounty hunter, commando, smuggler (This takes about 5 to 25 minutes depending on lag), catch the flight to Tatoonie, do a few runs through the fort, fly back, and repeat the process to rebuff.
There are actually frogs on Naboo, Corellia, and Tatooine.
Quote:
Anyways, I had a question. I've read through all of the posts in this thread (that's dedication right there) and now I'm confused. First you guys say I need to inform you if there will be multiple accounts in the house. Then you say I need to inform you if there will be multiple accounts on one computer. Then it was changed to multiple accounts on one IP (no clarifications if it's LAN ip or internet ip. I assumed it's internet but then..) it went back to multiple accounts on one computer. This dance takes place for a few pages. Which is it?

My girlfriend wants to test along with me. She's going to use a laptop (right now it's disassembled and scattered across my desk). Do I contact someone and explain this or is it fine because she is going to be on a different computer? It'll have a different LAN ip (used to track multiple accounts on one computer) but have the same internet ip (used to track multiple accounts in one house)
At this point our staff prefers that you take all the necessary steps to avoid tripping our multiple account detector (register your accounts from different computers). If you do trip it and have a legitimate reason for doing so, e-mail Ekaika or PhantomLeader after the account is banned. In the past we advised contacting them before, but they simply get so many e-mails that it's nearly impossible to keep track of things that way. E-mail after the banning, explain the situation, and they will take care of it.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyri View Post
There are actually frogs on Naboo, Corellia, and Tatooine.
Frogs? Literally frogs? Are the tall or small? Can I find them on planets like Dath and Talus? (I wanted to test the prison and base. Do those count as lairs?) I don't think I've ever seen a frog. So I'll be on the lookout.

Quote:
At this point our staff prefers that you take all the necessary steps to avoid tripping our multiple account detector (register your accounts from different computers). If you do trip it and have a legitimate reason for doing so, e-mail Ekaika or PhantomLeader after the account is banned. In the past we advised contacting them before, but they simply get so many e-mails that it's nearly impossible to keep track of things that way. E-mail after the banning, explain the situation, and they will take care of it.
Thanks. This is what I'll do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djolovicl View Post
Actually there are Blue Frogs on other planets, there are Jawa traders (near the shuttle-port) in Anchorhead (Tatooine), and Bartenders (one in front of the star-port and one in cantina) in Coronet (Corellia).
Okay. So instead of heading to Theed next time, I'll head to Bespine>Anchorhead. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Retired Game Master

As I said, there are blue frogs on Naboo, Corellia, and Tatooine. These are the only locations (you can find them outside the starport and in the medical center in Theed, near the entrance to the cantina in Coronet, and near the shuttleport in Anchorhead).

The term "blue frog" is not literal. I'm not aware of its origin, although I'm sure many people here are, but you'll be looking for Gungan traders in Theed, a bartender in Coronet, and Jawa traders in Anchorhead.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Retired Game Master

Not to mention that there is NO need for multiple accounts when you can run multiple instances of the same account.

I just fail to see any use in multiple accounts for one person on the Emu.

Important Links:
Launch Pad Enhanced (Easy SWGEmu Setup)
How to be a SWGEmu Beta Tester(If your new or confused as to what is needed)
Help Save Commando Voice your opinion

Tolbat | SWGEmu GM | SWGEmu Quality Assurance
Contact me: tolbat@swgemu.com
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Banned

Just FYI, I missed it if it was already stated, on order to run multiple instances of SWGEmu through ONE account you need to run LPE - click option - toggle allow multiple instances to true. After that just tab our of your current session and run LPE AGAIN, and log in with the SAME ACCOUNT for a second time.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:21 PM

Let me see if I got this thread correct.

1) Do not create multiple login accounts, it's a pain in the ass

2) It's perfectly alright to have more than one character on the test server
Old 07-09-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecOp9 View Post

1) Yes

2) Yes
Old 07-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecOp9 View Post

If there's a followup question inbound.. let me preempt it. Enable "Allow Multiple Instances" in LPE to play multiple character simultaneously.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:32 AM

Quote:
The term "blue frog" is not literal. I'm not aware of its origin, although I'm sure many people here are, but you'll be looking for Gungan traders in Theed, a bartender in Coronet, and Jawa traders in Anchorhead.
on the original SWG test center, there were large blue frog statues in place of the Bartenders and Traders that SWGEmu uses. They served the same purpose and the interface was basically the same.

sorry for the off-topic post...
Old 07-21-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
Enable "Allow Multiple Instances" in LPE to play multiple character simultaneously.

I read the first 2-3 pages and was going to post a question. But then I clicked on page 10 and low and behold the answer to stop 10 pages worth of *****ing and complaining was finally posted.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:52 AM

The answer is actually posted in the original thread. Yeah, we had to make another, as the original didn't quite have the effect we had hoped for. Glad you found your info!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:09 PM

After reading all 10 pages (whew), I do see one of the concerns with an automated system have been addressed. a Gateway/NAT setup, which a lot of people have to use to share a connection, causes all computers behind it to have the same IP. But since you're now handling these situations after the ban, that's covered.

The other big concern would be dynamic IPs. I don't know for sure how common it is, but my DSL setup uses Dynamic IPs(with my modem acting as a NAT router when it's not supposed to, it now only changes if the router is reset). In such a situation, it would be (extremely) unlikely but possible for two people who don't even know each other but are on the same ISP to come up with the same IP.

This'd generally be pretty easily detected by the admin as when they checked logs they'd see the IP address changing regularly. The problem being...they wouldn't know why they were banned(assuming they do get banned), and thus who to contact.

Just a thought.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:13 PM

That will not be a factor. You're assuming you know what checks are in place, and when those checks take place.

Please, refrain from using this thread to 'guess' our system security measures. Rest assured, if anyone has a problem, we are ready willing and able to resolve it.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:42 AM

I like this topic. Makes less jeedai in a way.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:48 AM

i'm not sure what's goin on,, i searched forums,, nuttin i can see relates,,, I am Using LPE,, after i hit play and login,, i get an error, account in use, or unauthorized, please help.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: