SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 03:49 PM

I have one quick question, I have been letting my son play my account on test center becouse I missunderstood the rules reguarding multiple accounts per household. If I were to get him set up with his own account, would I get flagged for having 2 seperate accounts show up on his computer? Thank you. I'm sorry I forgot to add...he has his own copy of SWG, that part of the rule I do understand.

Last edited by KDargo; 04-09-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:10 AM

will multi instances work from multi locations? as of now when my girls over she plays here on a 2nd pc and just uses this account, but will she be able to use this account from another location when she's not here? or should she make her own account? and if so will that effect anything if when shes over here she logs on her account here?
Old 09-30-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLeader View Post
"Enable Multiple Instances"
Where is this option?
I have checked options, game options and cusomize, I can't seem to find the check box.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat5560 View Post
How can you tell who really has a "room-mate" and who is just saying so and then uses a fake e-mail adress on their second computer?

It is no big deal on TC where you can have multiples but on SC if we are limited to 1 or even 2 toons per account, you can believe that most will lie to get the second account.
Why are you even trolling here? you clearly don't have an issue with your account. Let SWGEMU worry about the players and their activities, get lost
Old 09-30-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefixx2 View Post
Why are you even trolling here? you clearly don't have an issue with your account. Let SWGEMU worry about the players and their activities, get lost
Rofl, you're talking about someone who posted that back in March...
Old 10-01-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarokStrike View Post
Rofl, you're talking about someone who posted that back in March...
hehe ya but it makes me feel better lmao

They get pissed if we start new threads, but this one is so freaking old and long.. Need to start a new one to find out where the option is or if it is even still there.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:57 AM
Quality Assurance World Supervisor
Quality Assurance

Necro'd...

To answer questions:

@PCJedi240; She should be able to log in anywhere there's an internet connection that isn't blocking specific programs. Getting her her own account would be just as good unless she is a bit too young in your opinion to run one alone. It's up to you.

@thefixx2; The multi-instance option is located in the launchpad (LPE) under the options tab.

Brane Ded
QA World Supervisor

BraneDed@swgemu.com | Report a Bug | Advanced Search
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
SWGEmu Important Links | SWGEmu Setup
Old 10-01-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brane Ded View Post

@thefixx2; The multi-instance option is located in the launchpad (LPE) under the options tab.
Awesome thanks, I just looked at options, only thing is mine has a sentence that says "Allow Multiple Instances" there is no check box or anything to enable or disable. For me I don't mind and I'm glad of it, assuming it is already enabled, I'm going to check it now but server is down again.
Anyway, thanks for input..

I want to give a compliment to whoever the moderators are for this server, responses are very fast and gives players the feeling of not being forgotten about. Thanks
Old 10-01-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Awesome thanks, I just looked at options, only thing is mine has a sentence that says "Allow Multiple Instances" there is no check box or anything to enable or disable.
*headdesk*

See the "Toggle" button? Click it.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Forum Moderator

It probally says false at the moment, set it to true and you will be able to use more then one instance.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Only if those 2 people are both playing on the same computer, or using each others computers interchangably. PM me if this is the case, and we can work it out.
humm I'm wondering why I loaded swg on another comp for my friend to play here at the house and his account got banned, 2 seperate comps, and we never tryed to log onto each others comp. Before anyone flames me I'm sure I'm with in my rights to give an account to a friend, I bought the game twice back in the day due to sony's one toon per server rule, and I still have both copys of the disks and boxes they came in.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brane Ded View Post
Necro'd...

To answer questions:

@PCJedi240; She should be able to log in anywhere there's an internet connection that isn't blocking specific programs. Getting her her own account would be just as good unless she is a bit too young in your opinion to run one alone. It's up to you.

Ok, the "multiple instances" doesn't work, first I never enabled it, it just says they are allowed in the options, second when I double click LPE to start another instance it will not allow 2 LPE's to be open at once? any help?
Old 10-01-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Ok, the "multiple instances" doesn't work, first I never enabled it, it just says they are allowed in the options, second when I double click LPE to start another instance it will not allow 2 LPE's to be open at once? any help?
Open the LPE, launch the game. Switch back to the desktop, open the LPE again, and launch the game...
Old 10-02-2009, 10:09 AM

i'm running around doing my tk thing and getting in some kicks and twice in the same day bump into a cluster of bothans with a twilik all named simular and mining for ore, isn't it a bit early for credit farmers, and multiple accounts ? who do i call ...ghostbusters
Old 10-02-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owegre View Post
i'm running around doing my tk thing and getting in some kicks and twice in the same day bump into a cluster of bothans with a twilik all named simular and mining for ore, isn't it a bit early for credit farmers, and multiple accounts ? who do i call ...ghostbusters
Obviously farming to level up... not everything that includes farming = credit farmers.

The Truth, is limitless in its range
if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse it could Hurt

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: