SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Developer Chat Logs

Notices

Developer Chat Logs Once a month, on the second Saturday, at 7PM EST, we will hold an open Developer discussion on IRC. The logs from these chats will be posted here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 01:41 AM
Quality Assurance World Supervisor
Quality Assurance

An easy fix for coloring armor:

Armorsmiths can change the color of any armor at anytime not just at the final stage of crafting. This keeps coloring armor exclusivelyto AS's and players do not need to buy new sets everytime they want a new color, just ask an AS to change it for you (for a fee of course ) when you want a different color. (With or without armor color kits is up for debat though.)

Brane Ded
QA World Supervisor

BraneDed@swgemu.com | Report a Bug | Advanced Search
SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
SWGEmu Important Links | SWGEmu Setup
Old 04-13-2009, 01:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brane Ded View Post
An easy fix for coloring armor:

Armorsmiths can change the color of any armor at anytime not just at the final stage of crafting. This keeps coloring armor exclusivelyto AS's and players do not need to buy new sets everytime they want a new color, just ask an AS to change it for you (for a fee of course ) when you want a different color. (With or without armor color kits is up for debat though.)
No, the issue is not what kind of fix needs to be patched in. It's an issue of if it was actually in pre-cu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I'll scruff you up good boy

Last edited by Max; 04-13-2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: double post
Old 04-13-2009, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi34 View Post
Crush hit the nail on the head, if you put color change in for everyone it removes the perk for armoursmith. Its like letting everyone have sampling, its not game changing but its not right. To put it into perspective how could you change amour color if you didn't have the skill to do so?
Exactly!

We want crafting to remain important ansd not render them useless. Even colouring provides an extra expect of the profession.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
<kyle> Because the armor color change feature was not a feature of pre-cu. It was intended to fix a blunder of SOE and then to be removed 2 weeks later, but they never removed it.
Question is:

Was it in 14.1? Answer is YES.

Was it meant to be in there? Who cares, lot of things were not meant to be in there but they were and we will still have them in Vanilla.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djolovicl View Post
Question is:

Was it in 14.1? Answer is YES.

Was it meant to be in there? Who cares, lot of things were not meant to be in there but they were and we will still have them in Vanilla.
I have to agree. I've seen several times mentioned by staff that the goal for Suncrusher is for an initial 14.1 vanilla release with potential changes down the road. The moment you "fix" or omit something that was in 14.1 SWG is when you can no longer promise and advertise a "vanilla" pre-CU emulator. Now, I'd be fine with the devs tweaking some stuff from the original SWG if the initial promise/advertisement for Suncrusher was something along the lines of "tweaked" or "slightly modified" pre-CU emulator.

Shandrise Ihali-Master Tailor/TK
Valera Zelayo-Master Rifles/Pikes
Old 04-13-2009, 04:59 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

I quote the mission statement:
Quote:
B) To deploy a server (Sun Crusher) that embraces vanilla, yet builds upon it, and strives to show the community a server which has the potential that we all believed SWG had, but never got the chance to show during it's short life span.
That is the promise for SunCrusher. It does not promise strict vanilla, it promises to build upon vanilla. However SunCrusher is not the issue here. The issue is what SWGEmu will provide.

As stated in our mission statement:
Quote:
A) To develop and maintain a community code base of a vanilla** release of a Star Wars Galaxies Server, circa Publish 14.1 for use of anyone who wishes to use it.
We will as developers provide a vanilla 14.1 codebase. That includes those unintended aspects of the game such as Mini Suits and radial armor colouration.

IT IS NOT ON TC BECAUSE IT IS NOT SOMETHING WHICH WE NEED TO TEST AT THIS STAGE.
IT WILL BE IN THE CODE, AND WORKING, BY v1.0

If this continues to be argued about, I'm closing this thread.

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
IT IS NOT ON TC BECAUSE IT IS NOT SOMETHING WHICH WE NEED TO TEST AT THIS STAGE.
IT WILL BE IN THE CODE, AND WORKING, BY v1.0

Thank you, i think that's what we all wanted to hear
Old 04-13-2009, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasleah View Post
I don't get what everyone's arguing about. It was a feature added temporarily to compensate for a bug. A bug that this version never had. Hence, the feature doesn't need to be added. The developers outright stated that it was a temporary feature to compensate for something stupid they did. It doesn't matter if it's a feature you like, I don't see why we should be including bug fixes for bugs we don't have.
wow thats stupid.

then we should remove mini-suits, mission payouts, fix intimidate, change jedi, remove all exceptional weps and insane dots, fix so we arent dependant on buffs (basicly get the CU) and all the 50 other things that "were bugs" and "werent supposed to be"

the things that actually MADE this game. you do understand that alot of the things we liked and enjoyed so much were bugs? because they were.

and having the AS be the only one changing colors isnt good too, i want a white suit with my right bracer red. going to be fun ordering that every 2 weeks.

anyway, this post wasnt an argument with the devs or csrs, its just that post i quoted made my cry a bit inside
Old 04-13-2009, 06:02 AM

/sigh

if you start arguing about something pathetic like armor color i don't even know how this will end

thats why dev's never should listen to the player base regarding those features

most of the player base is just selfish and greedy
they would even demand to put there iwin button back into the game if it was in pre cu even it it would be the worst thing that could happen to the game

most players just don't have the vision and foresight ness it takes to see that even those simple "bugs" do insane damage to the game

do what must be done do not hesitate show no mercy i wand swg pre-cu 2.0 not the 14.1 pile of **** soe delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedmindtriks View Post
wow thats stupid.

then we should remove mini-suits, mission payouts, fix intimidate, change jedi, remove all exceptional weps and insane dots, fix so we arent dependant on buffs (basicly get the CU) and all the 50 other things that "were bugs" and "werent supposed to be"
yes yes yes and yes all those things should be fixed the players demanded those fixes back on pre cu they demanded for a curb that soe went abit over the top with cu is another story but it still ends to the point that the players wanted changes/fixes to the current combat system because it was just broken unbalanced buggy as hell

found it jtl before curb post 1900 angry reply's till it got locked yeah ppl back then really loved the broken combat system good read btw

Last edited by Nalgol; 04-13-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalgol View Post
yes yes yes and yes all those things should be fixed the players demanded those fixes back on pre cu they demanded for a curb that soe went abit over the top with cu is another story but it still ends to the point that the players wanted changes/fixes to the current combat system because it was just broken unbalanced buggy as hell
No, No, NO and NO!!! Demanding that in pre-cu and crying about it is what got you the CU and the NGE. If it was pre-cu it should be in Vanilla, and then if the individual servers want to patch, balance, nerf, or just mess things up it will be their choice. But we need vanilla first

Last edited by djolovicl; 04-13-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:33 AM

I dont know where people get this sense of entitlement to a pure vanilla preCU. Its pretty convenient to ask for all the favorable bugs (mini-suits, mission payouts, armor coloring) to be included but not the unfavorable bugs (rubber banding, broken missions(no spawn, spawn underground, spawn in the water etc), lag issues, item/credit duping).

You all want a true vanilla preCU? i really don't think you do. the Emu's core is already more optimized and efficient than SOE's. Issues like lag and rubber banding are either minimal, or promised to be fixed eventually.

If you really want a vanilla preCU, you should ask for slow servers, rubber banding, broken missions, and item duping, along with your precious armor coloring, mini-suits, and mission payouts.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:41 AM

bring back soe customer service and smed for true vanilla!

or at least make these features an option for server admins please thx vry mch.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostyleguy View Post
I dont know where people get this sense of entitlement to a pure vanilla preCU. Its pretty convenient to ask for all the favorable bugs (mini-suits, mission payouts, armor coloring) to be included but not the unfavorable bugs (rubber banding, broken missions(no spawn, spawn underground, spawn in the water etc), lag issues, item/credit duping).

You all want a true vanilla preCU? i really don't think you do. the Emu's core is already more optimized and efficient than SOE's. Issues like lag and rubber banding are either minimal, or promised to be fixed eventually.

If you really want a vanilla preCU, you should ask for slow servers, rubber banding, broken missions, and item duping, along with your precious armor coloring, mini-suits, and mission payouts.
Probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
Probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life.
You're right, it is dumb to want lag, broken missions, rubber banding, and generally un-optimized server code back. But.... you said it yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
No, the issue is not what kind of fix needs to be patched in. It's an issue of if it was actually in pre-cu.
Well do you want what is actually in pre-cu or not? You're picking and choosing what you consider 'pre-cu' based on whether it was convenient for you.

Thankfully enough, the developers of this emulator are extremely accommodating to the community ( <3 devs ) and will code in both versions of most bugs.

However, i hope you realize the hypocrisy of saying you think vanilla pre-cu includes bugs like armor coloring, mini-suits, and mission payouts but somehow doesn't include lag, broken missions, item duping, rubber banding etc...
Old 04-13-2009, 12:13 PM

Everyone will be running in black or the monotone grey composite. Because no one is bothered to make a special order for a customized armor. And when you find a real good armor for a good price you figure out it have the wrong color... And we won't see guilds with their own customized armor. Just like NGE
Nov 17 20:47 cRush
committed#2643: [added] Creature Handlers can now tame Bio-engineered Jedi.

TG & EC Cooperation
With TG being the premier US based community and EC being the premier EU based community.
USA http://www.truegalaxies.com
Europe http://www.euro-chimaera.co.uk

Report all bugs here:
http://www.swgemu.com/support/index.php

Ingame name Birk

They That Are Them.
Guild <Hoods> The Dark Hoods
~▲~
'▲ ▲ Triforce.

Last edited by Lubbe; 04-13-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: