SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayni View Post
the main thing is ,as I see it ,is as follows. ... Almost all of the players are Ex-preCU players. We are all so desperately wanting that place again.So therefore Its a huge hit when the server goes down.... for however long. The biggest thing to help is to keep the players informed. This has happened to a small degree so far...but lately its getting less and less informed when a breakdown is happening. This was the way of Soe, and its definately not the way to go 'DEV' that there was no progress, even that would keep the angst down. But "NO" this has not occurred.So come on guys rise above the customer treatment of SOE...you know it makes sense
I find posts like these refreshingly honest and not the least bit antagonizing or ungrateful. He's simply stating the truth, being honest about it and saying it all very politely and respectfully so lets all try not to jump down his throat and chastize him like a leper.

Fwiw, this type of guy/girl is EXACTLY the kind of participant you want playing on emu once it's all finished and released. Some one who takes ownership and value's what's being worked on here. So having said that, jumping down his throat and marginalizing him isn't what I'd call a smart move.

I also agree with Johnny's remark, that this is entirely a volunteer effort and we are in the christmas period so that should be kept in mind.

With respect to communication and the importance of it, the truth is, when I was unable to log in yesterday (to neither the game nor the website/forums), after some searching I was able to dig up the emu irc address and logged in via mIRC but had to head over to that semi-private swgemusupport channel to find out what was going on exactly. Why? because I wasn't able to readily find details as to what the situation was. I posed a question in the main channel which was pretty much ignored so off to the support channel I went where ellysia was kind enough to fill me in on the details, (for which I was thankful for the communication).

Should the details of what the Server/Forums/Website status been readily available, in big bold letters some place obvious to see? in my opinion yes. It would have saved me a trip to the support channel where I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to use to ask "server status" questions but the info wasn't readily available anywhere else that I could see.

Did I want to know what was going on because DAMNIT I WANT EVERYTHING FIXED IN THE NEXT 30secs!!!!! no absolutely not, I just wanted to know what the status of everything was. It'll be back up and fixed when it's fixed, I get that. I just want to know what's currently going on. For all I know it might have been a problem with me or my connection. Who's to know unless the status of everything is easily and readily communicted to those who care about the success of this project.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baigs View Post
If you think these forums are bad... stay completly away from most official gaming forums. But by ( from what i've seen ) claiming what you won't tolerate usually ends up getting you buried in exactly that. (SOE's SWG Forums are almost famous for that crap.) That you haven't been is a testament TO the increased maturity of the people on the forums. Yes your going to have the odd few who have to be trolls, but will have those no matter what.

If I may I suggest possibly rephrasing or ignore the garbage and sift for good posts. I know you've posted taht your tired of it..but is best solution of you feel the mods aren't doing "enough"
Fair enough, I appreciate your suggestion. I'll see what I can do.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArclightX View Post
I find posts like these refreshingly honest and not the least bit antagonizing or ungrateful. He's simply stating the truth, being honest about it and saying it all very politely and respectfully so lets all try not to jump down his throat and chastize him like a leper.

Fwiw, this type of guy/girl is EXACTLY the kind of participant you want playing on emu once it's all finished and released. Some one who takes ownership and value's what's being worked on here. So having said that, jumping down his throat and marginalizing him isn't what I'd call a smart move.

I also agree with Johnny's remark, that this is entirely a volunteer effort and we are in the christmas period so that should be kept in mind.

With respect to communication and the importance of it, the truth is, when I was unable to log in yesterday (to neither the game nor the website/forums), after some searching I was able to dig up the emu irc address and logged in via mIRC but had to head over to that semi-private swgemusupport channel to find out what was going on exactly. Why? because I wasn't able to readily find details as to what the situation was. I posed a question in the main channel which was pretty much ignored so off to the support channel I went where ellysia was kind enough to fill me in on the details, (for which I was thankful for the communication).

Should the details of what the Server/Forums/Website status been readily available, in big bold letters some place obvious to see? in my opinion yes. It would have saved me a trip to the support channel where I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to use to ask "server status" questions but the info wasn't readily available anywhere else that I could see.

Did I want to know what was going on because DAMNIT I WANT EVERYTHING FIXED IN THE NEXT 30secs!!!!! no absolutely not, I just wanted to know what the status of everything was. It'll be back up and fixed when it's fixed, I get that. I just want to know what's currently going on. For all I know it might have been a problem with me or my connection. Who's to know unless the status of everything is easily and readily communicted to those who care about the success of this project.
Bravo, sir. I could not agree more.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:00 PM

I guess I am just of a different mindset as I am just thankful that we even have the TC and an ability to enjoy with Pre CU at all again.

If we get any information at all from the DEVs I am grateful. If we don't then hopefully sooner or later we will. They are doing this on their time.

Will be extremely happy when SC goes live.. but till then will enjoy what is available.

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 12-20-2009, 05:04 PM

This thread is about the outage, if you have nothing productive to say about it take your babble with others to PMs please, I'd much enjoy this thread not to be locked so we can continue to get updates as they roll out on server status.

Odissa: Master Image Designer/Master Tailor

Arihanna: Master Rifleman/Master Combat Medic

Blutsaugerin: Master Doctor

Making gamers out of moms since 1996'

http://www.alloutassault.net
Old 12-20-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I guess I am just of a different mindset as I am just thankful that we even have the TC and an ability to enjoy with Pre CU at all again.

If we get any information at all from the DEVs I am grateful. If we don't then hopefully sooner or later we will. They are doing this on their time.

Will be extremely happy when SC goes live.. but till then will enjoy what is available.
Excatly

if i was to run something and dident get paid for it, Just to see people posting im not doing my job "good enough" i would be more or less offended. Evervyone should be gratefull with the information their getting. And since the homepage was down for more than a day.
in the end of the day the game is still in test period and its not the final release of the game, aslong its still in test you can expect the servers to go down sometimes.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:

I haven't posted on the forums since I've joined due to not finding a need, but I feel that I should say here that they don't have to have anything at all out for us to mess with, let alone enjoy, while they are working. Look at other development projects such as the 'Black Mesa source'. Six years, and all anyone has had is screenshots and videos. Just be glad the developers here are kind enough to allow the unfinished product to be played instead of doing closed beta testing.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:08 AM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

Hello all,

I've just spent about 20 minutes cleaning up this thread; there were a number of off topic and inappropriate posts. Please do not let this continue. Consider this a formal warning.

I have no further details for this downtime (I've been away from home for the last 2 days). I have clarified the downtime on IRC and the LPE, thanks for the person who pointed that flaw out.

Kind Regards
Old 12-21-2009, 06:41 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Concur. Do not take to insulting another member here, it won't be tolerated. When information is known, it will be made available.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:23 AM

Well, good news. The Denver server is back on the web, and await a reboot. Shouldn't be long now.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:25 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Well, good news. The Denver server is back on the web, and await a reboot. Shouldn't be long now.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 12-21-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post
well, good news. The denver server is back on the web, and await a reboot. Shouldn't be long now.
Cool Beans

look at me im a duck .
Old 12-21-2009, 07:55 AM

All over red rover. We are back in action. And so is today's event! http://www.swgemu.com/t/21dec-event for details.

Last edited by Max; 12-21-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:58 AM

Yay
Old 12-21-2009, 11:13 AM

thank You

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Closed Thread