SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidfadon View Post
Yes, if they want 2/3 then is OK to don't wipe the server, but I'm quite afraid of people playing too serious a TC can be a problem to testing new things.
I was trying to point out that percentages dont matter lol.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:15 AM

letting ppl exploit now during testing makes sense to me. its easier to find the exploits when you know where to look. besides no matter what system is in place, bugs will show up and will need to be fixed.

and personally regardless of how you feel the ppl working on this game seem to be working hard and doing what they can, this isnt SOE or Lucas Arts, give them some credit instead of complaining this free game isnt how you want it.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlonB View Post
I think we should have a poll about that
then make one.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy09 View Post
then make one.
That one completely went by you ... didn't it ...

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Old 04-28-2010, 06:35 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

lol...
Old 04-28-2010, 06:57 AM

Wow, that was in true SOE form, bending to the will of the whine. I guess I am outa here.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumanity View Post
Wow didnt know we had so many nge whiners on here. Im guessing the 66% of the voters who said yes never played pre cu?
So you think the whiners just showed up after the NGE? they were there pre-CU. That's how the NGE came about.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letesh View Post
has a right to complain

That would be true, cept they said they were bombarded with "concerns" i.e. complaints, from other players which they actually considered and then changed their minds about the wipe. IF nobody had complained, there would be a wipe.

See what I did thare?
Old 04-28-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsk View Post
That would be true, cept they said they were bombarded with "concerns" i.e. complaints, from other players which they actually considered and then changed their minds about the wipe. IF nobody had complained, there would be a wipe.

See what I did thare?
That's why they should have reworded the original post in the poll. If they had simply asked the community for what they thought instead of saying "if yes wins we're wiping" it would have been fine.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengu-fet View Post
That's why they should have reworded the original post in the poll. If they had simply asked the community for what they thought instead of saying "if yes wins we're wiping" it would have been fine.
Or, just be like real people and say "Hey, wipe coming up" and not ask, because you know what happens when you let the masses decide.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:23 AM

i have to say, i just love pages and pages of *****ing. i love it so much.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiora View Post
i have to say, i just love pages and pages of *****ing. i love it so much.
Ya, now that everyone has taken a nice big forum "dump," lets take a deep breath, go kill some $hit, and play.

Order 66 on the haterade. LOL

I just mastered Doc, come buy my $hitty new buffs. I'll be in Cnet tonight, buffing away your grief.

Pew pew!!

Last edited by BigEvil; 04-28-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Developer
Developer

Anyone else notice that those screenshots that are supposedly evidence of a moderator "fixing" the polls actually show more votes being removed from no columns than yes columns? I don't have moderator access to the forums, so can't really see what options are available there, but the difference between the two screenshots is very minimal lol. We are talking about 2-3 votes being removed. Hardly evidence to call things a conspiracy.

As for us ignoring the community - The complete opposite is going on here. Yeah the majority said they would like a wipe, but the majority said they wanted a wipe with blue frogs.

There was a lot more behind the decision - it's not that the whining minority won out. We started thinking about the real effects the blue frogs would have, and realized offering them as a condition of the poll was a mistake.
- Players would have exploited the frogs to become Jedi faster, and it would have taken away some interdependence since everyone could become self sufficient.
- Changing the frogs to guard against these exploits meant changing the terms of condition.
- A third poll was discussed and decided against.
- We felt that if we just left TC the way it was, then it would be the best thing for both parties.

Instead we get crucified and compared to SOE. Come on people.

OR at the current rate is approximately 5 months out. But as always, Developers lives and available time can fluctuate at any given moment, changing the amount of time we have to contribute. Obviously this can drastically affect any ETA. So, yeah, if things stayed the way they had been rolling, I would say 5 months is realistic. I doubt the motivation will be there with all the lynching, but we will see.

P.S. Enjoy the new loot tables.

Last edited by cRush; 04-28-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:33 AM

You do not know the power of darkside! well now we do

Translation: Let the wookie win!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRush View Post
P.S. Enjoy the new loot tables.

Let the whines begin about how unfair it is that some have all the epic weapons from the cheating and duping period now that the loot has been tuned down

Or did you tune up?

Default auction rules unless specified different in OP:
Runs for 48 hours ** No new bidders in the last 15 minutes ** 15/15 snipe-rule ** Leave your IGN
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: