SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 04:27 PM

A shame. It looks like ANH is not interested. If they were they would have said something by now.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:54 PM

How do we even know what Thrin said is true, keep the faith guys
Old 06-10-2008, 06:16 PM

ANH and Emu are chatting still - though you and I think we are important, there are times when the bosses need to speak and we need to be waiting - so let's wait?

Xeno is an aspect of ANH? I've never seen him post on ANH forums and in several years he's only posted there 7 times and is not there with the title developer it seems.

The reference to him is someone here trying to undermine what present people are doing. There may be a reason why 'problems' from the past are not included in this - from both sides.

Let them get on with it and see how it goes eh?
Old 06-10-2008, 06:24 PM

I'm a close friend with Xeno, its just the way he feels. And he shares information with ANH but is not "officially" part of us anymore.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:25 PM

I think everyone needs to just let everything in the past fall to the wayside.

Its funny because me and all my friends are metal-heads, only thing is, we all have different tastes and opinions on metal.

I like more 80's Thrash and Melodic Metal, where as my friend John like Death Metal, and Black metal. But at the core we still have many of the same likes with metal. The one thing we all hate is Hardcore, Hardcore Dancers, and The Death Metal kids that just play breakdowns and act like they are playing death metal.

So even though we get into arguments we still all have that one thing in common, we all hate hardcore/fake death metal kids.

I believe that is how it should be here with the Emu's, We may all have different teams, different forums, and different thoughts on the Emu.

But we all hate one thing, SoE, specifically the people that ruined are game, and took away what we loved so dear.

In that hate, we should all find friendship.

-Jive
Old 06-11-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek98 View Post
ANH and Emu are chatting still - though you and I think we are important, there are times when the bosses need to speak and we need to be waiting - so let's wait?

Xeno is an aspect of ANH? I've never seen him post on ANH forums and in several years he's only posted there 7 times and is not there with the title developer it seems.

The reference to him is someone here trying to undermine what present people are doing. There may be a reason why 'problems' from the past are not included in this - from both sides.

Let them get on with it and see how it goes eh?
No, he's not a part if it, AFAIK. He left to concentrate on his studies, if I remember correctly. Been some time since I spoke with him, but back in the days, long before there were any code or server, he was the one I talked most with and remembering what he said the last time we spoke I just wanted to be sure he saw all of this. To me, he's one of the reasons this all came about.

Ex Pre-CU Golden era of SWG Veteran since Aug 2004.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:05 PM

"The needs of the many, out weigh the needs of the few....Or the one"

Some guy with pointed ears
Old 06-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Look at it this way guys. If there's even one talented guy that agrees to the sharing of talent and info, we win. Every single person ever associated with emulation doesn't have to join hands in a circle and sing kumbaya for this to be considered a success.

Let's do as Shrek said and chill out and wait. Things are good right now, let's work on what we can in the meantime.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:35 PM

/support
Old 06-11-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaika forge View Post
Look at it this way guys. If there's even one talented guy that agrees to the sharing of talent and info, we win. Every single person ever associated with emulation doesn't have to join hands in a circle and sing kumbaya for this to be considered a success.

Let's do as Shrek said and chill out and wait. Things are good right now, let's work on what we can in the meantime.
Very true. I hope they will update us letting us know if someone has joined to assist the team
Old 06-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Retired Event Coordinator

There will probably be an update on in the next biweekly (which should be soon).

Regards,
Tow'lin Tow
Old 06-11-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiveturkey124 View Post
But we all hate one thing, SoE, specifically the people that ruined are game, and took away what we loved so dear.

In that hate, we should all find friendship.

-Jive
Sounds perilously close to the Dark Side, young Padawan.....
Old 06-13-2008, 03:58 PM

Before I continue I will say by no means do I represent ANH or my server community. I am here to represent my beleifs and my goal of progress.

ALSO

I am a horrible typist and as such I want to be taken as seriously as a good typist. I also want no comments on my horrible grammar.

players in my community are quitting due to this stupid war. the thing is, these are good people. I can't let this continue. I want to broker a deal between the two of you. The players will loose if we can't get this done.

I am a tester of ANH's closed server. so I feel I can understand ANH's veiws to a degree where my goal can be achived. however I do not know enough on SWG emu so I feel that emu should take my reccomendations into consideration for now. I must also understand SWGwmu's needs. I am alos wrinting down problems I see in the both of you.

Your teams need to compromise. you can't seem to do that, so without further ado, here we go

Problem #1: ANH's devs feel that their 2 years of work will be watsed with a meger

Solution: Use ANH's code and coding methods. Your way of randomly adding in features has no rhyme or reason. Although it works, it seems to be on the inefficent side.

Problem #2: People on SWGEMU's community/team anger ANH supporters.

Solution: get a better moderating staff and ban overly agressive people. or simply throw out the forum alltogether.

Problem #3: ANH is way too freaking tight lipped.

Solution: SWGEMU's current way of PR will continue. On the site PR is SWGEMU's biggest strength. SWG EMU's communtiy forum also allows players to know what is going on. it may cause problems (overly angry immature posterss that tarnish the coder's image) so that will need to be figured out as well.

I want this to happen. this is too good. you guys need to compromise not end up like the UN.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Brilliant, let's do what this guy says.

edit: wow. ok. for those that seem to think I'm agreeing with this guy. I'm not. Sarcasm, look into it. el fin

Last edited by Ekaika; 06-13-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Retired

People need to thicken their skins.

This is SWG, one of the most competitive MMO's to ever hit the Market.

I'm happy enough with TrueGalaxies and SWGEmu being okay with eachother now.

Will ANH and Emu team up to finish Pre-CU? I don't know, quite frankly, I couldn't care less. The rate of progress is staggering lately, that it really doesn't matter who "wins" anymore. It was never a competition for the Staff from my point of view, the Community made the largest problems out of this by thinking they can speak for the Staff. (Just my opinion).

I don't think SWGEmu need to change anymore than they already have done. It's an amazing team, the Community... well... expect flamers. It's a very large competitive game. The Moderator Team do an amazing job at keeping the majority of it off the boards, believe me.

If ANH had a Public TestCenter, and a Public Forum that is easily accessible, they'd have just as much Flaming and Drama on their boards.

It's not a problem, it's actually a good thing from where I'm standing.. it just goes to show everyones edging to play the game and get this competition going again.

If ANH Supporters get angry with the SWGEmu team... so what? They're just proving that the Staff / Teams "issues" (that are gone) is more important to them, than Pre-CU. I'd rather not have players like that, but thats just me. Don't like what you see, don't read it. You don't have to sift through flames to see the Updates You open it all by your choice.

If you think back, this Forum is incredibly tame compared to the Flame/Bashing sessions we all had Pre-CU on the SOE Forums. Remember the inter-server wars? C'mon, some classics happened.

I'm sorry, but I agree with very little of what you've said.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: