SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by filips View Post
cool and any news on crafting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaseme_eXiled View Post
Q) You said resources were in the ground.. what percent of crafting is done along with that?
A) Most of the protocol behind crafting is done. Just the data related items are still in infancy.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunZU View Post
You forgot to answer one crucial question..

What % would you say the emu is complete in terms of PvP combat? 95% of the players in here only want the land based Pre-CU game back mainly for the purposes of PvP. Master the PvP land game and keep crafting, JTL and all other things on the back burner and watch how thousands flood in these forums and play core3 everyday
LOL. I would guess that over half of the community is into PVP primarily. But if "95% of the players in here" are interested mainly in the purpose of PVP, most of the non PVP community is sitting on the sidelines waiting for something else to do. And I'm certain that the percentage of players who don't participate in PVP as our primary gaming concern, is more like 25-50% of the overall community. I'd be surprised if the percentage of players who rarely or never particpated in PVP is less than 20% of the Pre-CU community.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:02 PM

awsome
Old 04-06-2007, 02:35 PM

Wow I like this alot.
Good to know what's being worked on.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:51 PM

Thanks so much for the update
Old 04-06-2007, 07:14 PM

Thx for the info
Old 04-06-2007, 08:37 PM

Best news ever. Thanks for the update guys:}
Old 04-07-2007, 02:01 AM

SWGEmu, !*&@ Yeah, great news. Now i have more exciting stuff to tell the people at work who are playing other crappy games and are waiting to try out the awesomeness of pre-cu SWG i have been ranting on about for so long!
Old 04-07-2007, 03:49 AM

What about unused planets will that also be possible?
Old 04-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

Yes. That isnt a core3 limitation, but be aware, most of the unused planets are unplayable.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Yes. That isnt a core3 limitation, but be aware, most of the unused planets are unplayable.
how many unused planets are playable? If so are they worth implimenting?

>>> Lowca Ownz <<<
Toons: Gulkia (lowca), Enderr (lowca), Bank' (bloodfin)
Swgemu video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJgOHsJA3o & Classic Swg vid
Need help connecting to the swgemu test center? Click Here
Old 04-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Administrator
DeveloperAdministrator

Theres nothing to do server side really. We assign each "terrain file" an ID. If you want to spawn an npc there just have to set the planet id to that terrain file.

If people want to recreate the salvageable planets then they'll be able to do that through scripting and the db. We as SWGEmu devs don't handle those extra planets any different from normal ones.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunZU View Post
You forgot to answer one crucial question..

What % would you say the emu is complete in terms of PvP combat? 95% of the players in here only want the land based Pre-CU game back mainly for the purposes of PvP. Master the PvP land game and keep crafting, JTL and all other things on the back burner and watch how thousands flood in these forums and play core3 everyday
I think you're mistaken, I know alot of people like PvP, and I'm not saying people don't want it, however I know many people who are looking forward to PvE content and crafting more than PvP. I personally am waiting for JTL, and half my guild is waiting for crafting to be implemented. If all we wanted was PvP we'd be playing as much as we could already, while we may not have professions or groups we can kill each other, this does get old without anything to support it. My guess would be that somewhere between 25 and 40 percent of the community is waiting to move past PvP and into the realm of real gameplay.

I know I by no means side with the majority, but if PvP was my purpose I'd just play Battlefront 2, Battlefield 2, and Halo. My purpose however is to hang out with my friends while I play a game in a large static universe, to work with people I know and to RP in an immersive world within the greatest fictional universe I've ever had the pleasure of entering.

Last edited by Damean1; 04-07-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Theres nothing to do server side really. We assign each "terrain file" an ID. If you want to spawn an npc there just have to set the planet id to that terrain file.

If people want to recreate the salvageable planets then they'll be able to do that through scripting and the db. We as SWGEmu devs don't handle those extra planets any different from normal ones.
Nice! So lets say if we wanted to take a usable planet and change it into swgemods Taanab, then it would work?

>>> Lowca Ownz <<<
Toons: Gulkia (lowca), Enderr (lowca), Bank' (bloodfin)
Swgemu video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJgOHsJA3o & Classic Swg vid
Need help connecting to the swgemu test center? Click Here
Old 04-07-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkia View Post
Nice! So lets say if we wanted to take a usable planet and change it into swgemods Taanab, then it would work?
yes you could do that currently if you wanted to. All you have to do is rename the Tenaabs terrain files to what Tatooines are. Then it would think the terrain for tenaab is tats terrain and Tattooine would become Tenaab. At least thats how I think it works. Also you can do that currently with SWGEMU or even with the NGE.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: