Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Major Project Announcements

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke013 View Post
If it's the same guy but with the same account (has to be both, no account sharing) then multi-instancing is fine. I do it with my artisan and I made sure beforehand.
Oh that is possible? Didn't know you could login to your own account more than once :P Then I wonder, why the hell would you want more than one account? :S
Old 01-16-2010, 02:27 PM

Just like you said, you didn't know you could. I'm sure most players here didn't/don't know that they can log into every character in their account at once (as long as their comp can handle it).
Old 01-16-2010, 06:36 PM

Typically, the server will only let you have 2 characters from one account online at one time.
Sometimes this restriction is lifted, but bank on max 2, and enjoy the bonus if you are allowed to log the 3rd and 4th

May the fleas of 1000 camels infest the crotch of the person that screws up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Therapy is expensive, bubble wrap is cheap. Your choice...
Old 01-16-2010, 06:46 PM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudster13 View Post
Just like you said, you didn't know you could. I'm sure most players here didn't/don't know that they can log into every character in their account at once (as long as their comp can handle it).
No you cant. There is a limit, two instances logged at the same time per account.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 01-19-2010, 02:55 AM

Well thats cool. My roommate and I are having trouble. He created his account first and I tried to make an account on my computer and I was instantly banned as soon as I activated my account. I guess they only allow 1 account per MAC address?
Old 01-19-2010, 04:24 AM
SWGEmu Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifraggedu View Post
Well thats cool. My roommate and I are having trouble. He created his account first and I tried to make an account on my computer and I was instantly banned as soon as I activated my account. I guess they only allow 1 account per MAC address?
If you and your roommate must have separate accounts (well you already try to make them), sand an email to community@swgemu.com, explain your situation and ask them to lift the ban from your account.

SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 01-22-2010, 11:53 AM

right guys the thing is, your allowed unlimited amounts of characters on ONE account, so whats the point in creating multiple accounts? if you want to use two characters just run two instances of the game, the LPE IS designed to do that in the options, so there really should be no arguement about ALLOWING multiple accounts, i have 2 brothers who play SWGEmu in my house with me, we have different accounts for the forums, but when it comes to playing the game we have the same account. If me and my two brothers can do this for the devs why can't everyone?
Old 01-22-2010, 11:56 AM

I can't believe that this thread is still going....same questions asked 100 times, same answers. The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over again, expecting a different result.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:38 PM

ok i have 3 people in my house, all of like SWG, i have my account, my girlfriend has hers and her sister made an account that got banned instantly, we all have our own computers and used our own computers to register, just trying to figure out since NONE of these accounts are multiples how we can get her to be able to play too
Old 01-22-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddraggonswingg74 View Post
ok i have 3 people in my house, all of like SWG, i have my account, my girlfriend has hers and her sister made an account that got banned instantly, we all have our own computers and used our own computers to register, just trying to figure out since NONE of these accounts are multiples how we can get her to be able to play too
Send an email and explain your situation. I believe it is community@swgemu.com but I don't remember for sure.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Lead Moderator
Community Team

email community@swgemu.com and explain your situation ddragonswingg74 and they'll get back to you and get you set up.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:10 PM

I don't get it. I can get a new ip address each time I reboot my router. If someone else with the same ISP also plays, it will seemsas though there are 2 accounts on the same ip.
If it's done by mac address well that's easily spoofed. You can literally change your mac addy in windows, without any 3rd part tools.

Intrigued as to the checks performed, because nothing else jumps out as being obvious. Unless they have somehow obtained or reverse engineered the product keys too.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:13 AM

Whats the average hear back time form the community @ swgemu.com?
Old 01-28-2010, 04:48 PM

Ok, my roommate wants to play and I understand that I have to email them about the multiple accounts being on one IP address, but do I need two copies of the game disk or can he just install from my disk and be ok? I just want to clarify because I really don't want to screw this up. I'm sorry if this has been answered, but there is so much stuff to go through to find the answer.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:52 PM
SWGEmu Moderator

You should have two sets of discs.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: